D. Dornblüth & Sohn
D. Dornblüth & Sohn is a manufacturer of luxury hand-made wristwatches based in Kalbe, Germany. The company generally uses older equipment for the production of the watches, and annual production is approximately 120-180 pieces.
|Products||Watches and timepieces|
Number of employees
D. Dornblüth & Sohn was founded in 1999 by Dieter Dornblüth and his son Dirk. In 2002 the company released its first production model, based around a design Dieter Dornblüth had created 40 years earlier but had all but forgotten until Dirk presented him with a gift of a self-designed watch on his 60th birthday. The company enjoyed moderate growth over the following years, moving into a new workspace in 2003 which subsequently required further expansion in 2005 to keep up with demand. After restoring the chronometer of the Gorch Fock I in 2008, Dornblüth released a limited edition watch to commemorate the ship's 75th anniversary. In 2012 the "Quintus", based around their fifth calibre, also their first in-house movement, was released.
- Braun, Peter (2015), Wristwatch Annual. Abbeville Press.
- Brückner, Michael (2012), Uhren als Kapitalanlage: Status, Luxus, lukrative Investition. FinanzBuch Verlag.
- "Kleine Firma mit großer Wertschöpfung" [A small company with great value]. Volksstimme (Saxony-Anhalt) (in German). Magdeburg. Retrieved 2015-12-11.
- "Manufaktur Handgemachte Uhren aus der Börde" [Manufacturer of handmade watches from the Börde]. Mitteldeutsche Zeitung (in German). Halle (Salle). Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Böhme, Ralf (2011-11-28). "Der Trick mit dem Trick". Mitteldeutsche Zeitung (in German). Halle (Salle). Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Kruse, Stefan (2006-06-30). "Edle Zeitmesser aus der Provinz" [Noble timepieces from the province]. Manager Magazin (in German). Hamburg. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "D.Dornblueth & Sohn - History". dornblueth.com. Archived from the original on 2015-12-11. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- Reichert, Steffen (2007-08-24). "Made in Sachsen-Anhalt: Prunkuhren aus der Provinz". Der Spiegel (in German). Hamburg. Retrieved 2015-12-07.
- "Gorch Fock(I) Uhr" (in German). gorchfock1.de. Retrieved 2015-12-07.CS1 maint: location (link)
- "A short introduction to Dornblüth & Sohn". watch-insider.com. Retrieved 2015-12-07.