Crossharbour DLR station
Crossharbour is a Docklands Light Railway (DLR) station in Cubitt Town in East London. The station is situated on the Isle of Dogs and is between Mudchute and South Quay stations and is in Travelcard Zone 2.
|Location||Cubitt Town, Poplar|
|Local authority||London Borough of Tower Hamlets|
|Managed by||Docklands Light Railway|
|Number of platforms||2|
|DLR annual boardings and alightings|
|Original company||Docklands Light Railway|
|31 August 1987||Opened as Crossharbour|
|1994||Renamed Crossharbour and London Arena|
|London transport portal|
The Docklands Light Railway station opened as "Crossharbour" on 31 August 1987, and was renamed in 1994 to "Crossharbour and London Arena". Since the neighbouring London Arena has been demolished (in 2006) the original name has been reinstated. The name "Crossharbour" refers to the nearby Glengall Bridge across Millwall Inner Dock.
There are two platforms at the station with a reversing siding between the two running tracks just to the south of the station, and some trains (mainly from Stratford DLR station) used to terminate here as Lewisham DLR station was unable to handle too many trains. Nowadays however, it is rare to see trains terminate at Crossharbour, as many trains from Stratford now terminate at Canary Wharf DLR station.
- "Step free Tube Guide" (PDF). Transport for London. March 2019. Archived (PDF) from the original on 1 June 2019.
- Transport for London (12 February 2013). "Freedom of Information DLR usage 1213". Transport for London. Retrieved 10 November 2013.
- "Up-to-date DLR entry/exit statistics for each station" (XLSX). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 18 March 2016. Retrieved 2 April 2016.
- "Passenger Numbers - Docklands Light Railway Limited" (XLSX (after downloading zip)). What Do They Know. Transport for London. 8 June 2017. Retrieved 11 September 2017.
- Crossharbour – Hidden London
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crossharbour DLR station.|
- Docklands Light Railway website – Crossharbour station page
- Images of Crossharbour station and place by Flickr members
|Preceding station||DLR||Following station|
|Docklands Light Railway||