Crivitz is a town in the Ludwigslust-Parchim district, in Mecklenburg-Western Pomerania, Germany. It is situated 18 km east of Schwerin. The founder of the town Crivitz, Wisconsin named it after his hometown Crivitz. It has a friendship link with Seaford, East Sussex. The lake Barniner See is located nearby.
|• Mayor||Ulrich Güßmann|
|• Total||75.48 km2 (29.14 sq mi)|
|Elevation||40 m (130 ft)|
|• Density||65/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Vehicle registration||PCH, LUP, LBZ, HGN, STB, LWL|
Sons and daughters of the cityEdit
- Matthias Breitkreutz (born 1971), soccer player
- Lutz Dettmann (* 1961), writer
- Kurt Dunkelmann (1906–1983), shipbuilder
- Heiko Mathias Förster (born 1966), conductor
- Armin Kremer (born 1968), rally driver
- Karla Roffeis (born 1958), volleyball player
- Torsten Schmitz (born 1964), box coach and former amateur boxer
- Christoph Schulze (born 1965), politician (BVB/FW)
- Kevin Wölbert (born 1989), speedway driver
- "Statistisches Amt M-V – Bevölkerungsstand der Kreise, Ämter und Gemeinden 2018". Statistisches Amt Mecklenburg-Vorpommern (in German). July 2019.
- "Twinning". Lewes District Council. Retrieved 30 August 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Crivitz.|
|This Ludwigslust-Parchim location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|