Colorado Springs Business Journal
Colorado Springs Business Journal, founded in 1989, is a weekly business periodical for Colorado Springs, Colorado.
|Type||Weekly business newspaper|
|Owner(s)||Colorado Publishing Company|
|Founder(s)||Chuck Sheldon and Roger Powell|
|Founded||April 1, 1989|
|Headquarters||31 Platte Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado|
Chuck Sheldon and Roger Powell founded the Colorado Springs Business Journal on April 1, 1989. Its first office was in the DeGraff Building on S. Tejon and it was first a twice a month publication. By 1993 it had become a weekly publication, had 15 staff members and moved to 31 E. Platte Avenue. In 1999 Sheldon and Powell sold the journal to the Dolan Media Group, which is based in Minneapolis, Minnesota and also published the Colorado Springs Military Newspaper Group. As reported in 2005 and 2010, there were 20 people on staff. In 2012, the Business Journal was sold by Dolan to the Colorado Springs Independent. Colorado Publishing Company. Its revenue was below $5 million in 2005 and above $5 million in 2010.
It is the city's primary source of business information and news, covering health care industries, tourism, finance, real estate, retailing, wholesaling, management, technology, law, communications and transportation. Special sections include Best of Springs Business, Rising Stars, Book of Lists and Women of Influence. It is one of the city's named resources for new and existing businesses.
- Amy Gillentine (April 3, 2009). "The launching of the Colorado Springs Business Journal". Colorado Springs Business Journal (accessed via HighBeam Research).
- "Colorado Springs Business Journal". Colorado Springs Independent. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- Colorado Springs Independent Buys Local Business Journal
- The National JobBank. Adams Media. 2010. p. 478. ISBN 978-1-4405-1317-6. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Employment". Colorado Springs, Colorado. Archived from the original on May 30, 2013. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- Christopher K. Passante (2007). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Journalism. Alpha Books/Penguin. p. 264. ISBN 978-1-59257-670-8. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Colorado Springs Business Journal". Southern Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Businesses". City of Colorado Springs. Retrieved June 5, 2013.
- "Colorado Springs Business Journal". Better Business Journal. Retrieved June 5, 2013.