An overall view of the village of Coaraze
|Intercommunality||CC du Pays des Paillons|
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Monique Giraud-Lazari|
|17.14 km2 (6.62 sq mi)|
|• Density||48/km2 (130/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||313–1,414 m (1,027–4,639 ft) |
(avg. 620 m or 2,030 ft)
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
The village itself is built on a sandstone mount at the foot of Mount Férion (1,414 metres or 4,660 feet (1,420 m) high).
Erected as a baronnie in 1629, Coaraze was under Spanish administration from 1744 to 1748. In the nineteenth century the old trail was replaced by a road.
Its inhabitants are called Coaraziens.
Coaraze is one of sixteen villages grouped together by the Métropole Nice Côte d'Azur tourist department as the Route des Villages Perchés (Route of Perched Villages). The others are: Aspremont, Carros, Castagniers, Colomars, Duranus, Èze, Falicon, La Gaude, Lantosque, Levens, La Roquette-sur-Var, Saint-Blaise, Saint-Jeannet, Tourrette-Levens and Utelle.
Coaraze is a member of the Les Plus Beaux Villages de France (most beautiful villages of France) association.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Coaraze.|
|This Alpes-Maritimes geographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|