CloudForge is a software-as-a-service product for application development tools and services, such as Git hosting, Subversion (SVN) hosting, issue trackers and Application Lifecycle Management. CloudForge was built on CollabNet’s cloud hosting and integration platform, acquired from Codesion.com in October 2010.
Type of site
|Collaborative programming tools|
CloudForge was first released in beta on April 30, 2012 and then officially released on July 30, 2012. CloudForge was built upon Codesion.com, which was founded as CVSDude by Mark Bathie in Brisbane, Australia in 2002. The team relocated to Silicon Valley  and renamed to Codesion.com in early 2010, and was acquired by CollabNet in Brisbane, California, in 2010.
At 18:30 EST, 21st Feb 2015, all Cloudforge sites, including the main site www.cloudforge.com went offline. Paid SVN repositories were not available as the sitewide maintenance overran by over 24 hours.
On July 8, 2020, Digital.ai announced the sunset of the CloudForge product on October 1, 2020.
As announced all accounts were terminated as of October 1, 2020. Account-holders have not been reimbursed for time prepaid prior to the July 2020 announcement and emails to the company requesting refunds have been ignored.
- "CollabNet Acquires Subversion Cloud Hosting Provider Codesion, Adds TeamForge Agile Management to Codesion Platform". sys-con.com. Retrieved 18 October 2010.
- Kepes, Ben. "CollabNet and the Enterprise Cloud Development Perspective". Cloud Ave. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Williams, Alex. "CollabNet Bets on PaaS as the Future of Enterprise App Development". DevOps Angle. Archived from the original on 18 July 2013. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "CollabNet's New CloudForge User-Interface Brings Consumer-Like Experience And Flexibility To Enterprise Cloud Development". Retrieved 30 July 2012.
- Handy, Alex. "CVSDude heads to America, brings SharpForge along". SD Times. Archived from the original on 9 June 2009. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Kerner, Sean Michael. "Codesion Emerges from CVS". developer.com. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- Krill, Paull. "CollabNet buys cloud-based SCM". Infoworld. Retrieved 22 February 2013.
- "Site24x7 Availability for Cloudforge.com". Archived from the original on February 22, 2015. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Quarterly Maintenance". Retrieved 22 February 2015.
- "CloudForge Product Announcement - Sunset of CloudForge". Retrieved 20 July 2020.