Cliffside Park School District
The Cliffside Park School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in kindergarten through twelfth grade from Cliffside Park, in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States.
|Cliffside Park School District|
|525 Palisade Avenue|
Cliffside Park, NJ 07010
|Superintendent||Michael J. Romagnino|
|Business administrator||Louis Alfano|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||3,224 (as of 2017-18)|
|District Factor Group||B|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "B", the second lowest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary schools
- Number 3 School with 292 students in grades 1-6
- Donna Calabrese, Principal
- Number 4 School with 577 students in grades K-6
- Jaclyn Roussos, Principal
- Number 5 School with 326 students in grades 1-6
- Dana Martinotti, Principal
- Number 6 School / Cliffside Park Middle School with 752 students in grades 1-8
- Robert Bargna, Principal
- High school
- Michael Romagnino, Superintendent of Schools
- Louis Alfano, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
The district's board of education has nine members who set policy and oversee the fiscal and educational operation of the district through its administration; an additional representative is appointed to represent Fairview. As a Type II school district, the board's trustees are elected directly by voters to serve three-year terms of office on a staggered basis, with three seats up for election each year held in April; the district is one of 12 districts, out of more than 600 statewide, that still hold school elections in April. As one of the districts with school elections in April, voters decide on passage of the annual school budget.
- District information for Cliffside Park School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed September 6, 2014.
- Cliffside Park High School 2016 Report Card Narrative, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed May 29, 2017. "Cliffside Park High School services the students of Cliffside Park and the neighboring community of Fairview."
- Profile 2013 – 2014 Archived 2014-02-28 at the Wayback Machine, Cliffside Park High School. Accessed May 29, 2017. "Cliffside Park is a residential community of approximately 23,600 residents and a geographical size of one square mile. It is a suburb of and less than one mile from New York City. The neighboring town of Fairview is a K – 8 district and Cliffside Park is the receiving district for Fairview's 9 – 12 students. Fairview has a population of approximately 13,600."
- School Data for the Cliffside Park School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 1, 2019.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Cliffside Park School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- Number 3 School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Number 4 School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Number 5 School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Number 6 School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Cliffside Park Middle School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Cliffside Park High School, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- Board of Education Members, Cliffside Park School District. Accessed February 17, 2020.
- New Jersey School Directory for Bergen County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.
- New Jersey Boards of Education by District Election Types - 2018 School Election, New Jersey Department of Education, updated February 16, 2018. Accessed January 26, 2020.
- Comprehensive Annual Financial Report of the Cliffside Park School District, New Jersey Department of Education, for year ending June 30, 2018. Accessed February 17, 2020. "The Board of Education ('Board') of the Borough of Cliffside Park School District ('District') is an instrumentality of the State of New Jersey, established to function as an educational institution. The Borough of Cliffside Park School District is a Type II district located in the County of Bergen, State of New Jersey. As a Type II district, the School District functions independently through a Board of Education. The board is comprised of nine members and a Borough of Fairview Representative, all elected to three-year terms."
- Mazzola, Jessica. "13 N.J school districts held elections Tuesday and - surprise! - hardly anyone voted. See how bad it was", NJ Advance Media for NJ.com, April 18, 2018, updated May 14, 2019. Accessed February 17, 2020. "The rest of their 530 counterparts across the state have switched to November elections – most made the change immediately after a 2012 law allowing school district votes to move from April to the fall, held in tandem with the general election. But voters in 13 New Jersey towns went to the polls Tuesday to cast votes for their local boards of education, and in most cases, on whether or not to pass the district budgets."