Cleo von Adelsheim
Cleopatra, Hereditary Princess of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg (née Baroness Cleopatra von Adelsheim von Ernest; born on 3 October 1987), known professionally as Cleo von Adelsheim, is a Swiss-born German-Chilean actress and model. She is known for her title role in the 2015 German television film Prinzessin Maleen. In 2016 she married Franz Albrecht, Hereditary Prince of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg, the heir to the German princely house of Oettingen-Spielberg.
|Hereditary Princess of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg|
|Born||Cleopatra Freiin von Adelsheim von Ernest|
3 October 1987
|Spouse||Franz Albrecht, Hereditary Prince of Oettingen-Oettingen Oettingen-Spielberg (m. 2016)|
|Father||Baron Louis von Adelsheim von Ernest|
Early life and educationEdit
Baroness Cleopatra von Adelsheim von Ernest was born in 1987 in Bern, Switzerland. Her father is Baron Louis von Adelsheim von Ernest, a filmmaker, and her mother is Lillian-Elena Baettig-Rodriguez. Von Adelsheim's mother is Chilean, and the family relocated there from Switzerland when she was a child. She attended an English-language school in Santiago de Chile. She later attended Schule Schloss Salem, a boarding school in Germany, before transferring and graduating from Hurtwood House, a boarding school in England. She studied international communications and journalism at the American University of Paris. In 2013 she graduated from the Centro de Cinematografia de Catalunya in Barcelona, Spain.
Von Adelsheim began her acting career after graduating from the Centro de Cinematografia de Catalunya in Spain. She acted in short films, including Parker Ellermann's short film Seduction, before landing a role as the title character in the television movie Prinzessin Maleen, which aired on the German channel for Northern Italy. After the television film, she appeared in two television series, Cologne P.D. and Der Kriminalist.
Von Adelsheim is signed with Louisa Models, The People Agency, and V.Communication as a model, brand ambassador, and fashion influencer. She has posed for German fashion photographer Christian Schoppe. In August 2020 Von Adelsheim modelled in an advertisement campaign for the fashion line Fleur du Soleil, a collaboration between Sandra Mansour and H&M. In November 2020 she was featured in German Vogue.
As the Hereditary Princess of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg, Von Adelsheim works with the museum at Schloss Oettingen, one of the family residences. In June 2020 she presented awards to the winners of a photography competition at the castle. She is an active member of the Oettingen-Speilberg Family Foundation, which supports underprivileged people in Bavaria.
On 4 June 2016 von Adelsheim married Franz Albrecht, Hereditary Prince of Oettingen-Oettingen and Oettingen-Spielberg in a civil ceremony performed by Klaus Gramlich, the mayor of Adelsheim. On 9 July 2016 they were married in a religious ceremony at St. Jakob Church in Oettingen in Bayern. Princess Isabella Gaetani von Lobkowicz and Beatrice Borromeo served as maids of honour. The reception was held at Oettingen Castle. The wedding had eight hundred guests, including Prince Harry of Wales, Prince Max, Duke in Bavaria, and Pierre Casiraghi.
She and her husband live at Schloss Hirschbrunn. On 8 September 2017 the princess gave birth to a daughter, Princess Matilda Galilea. On 10 August 2019 she gave birth to a son, Prince Louis-Albrecht.
- "Märchenprinzessin? Jetzt auch im echten Leben!". Gala. 11 July 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Cleo von Adelsheim: So tickt die Prinzessin privat -". ADELSWELT. 2 December 2019.
- "Cleo zu Oettingen-Spielberg – die Balance zwischen Moderne und Tradition". Vogue Germany.
- "Gäste aus Hochadel bei Hochzeit in Adelsheim". Rhein Neckar Zeitung. 6 June 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Face-to-Face: Cleo von Adelsheim". lala Berlin. 28 June 2015. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Braun, Sabine (6 June 2016). "Auf der Bühne zu stehen war immer mein Traum". fn web. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Christian Schoppe – Cleo von Adelsheim". Klein Photographen. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "La princesse Cleopatra ambassadrice de Sandra Mansour pour H&M". histoiresroyales.fr.
- "Preisverleihung im fürstlichen Hause|Oettingen|Donau-Ries-Aktuell".
- Lundy, Darryl. "Cleopatra von Adelsheim". The Peerage. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Das Baby ist da". Gala. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Bachmann, Martina (10 July 2016). "Traumhochzeit im Fürstenhaus mit Hochadel". Augsburger Allgemeine. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "This Is What It Looks Like When A Model Marries A German Prince". Elle. Kevin O'Malley. 31 July 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "The most beautiful society weddings of 2016". Hello!. Eduardo Sánchez Junco. 15 December 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Macon, Alexandra (29 July 2016). "An Actress Marries a Prince at a Beautiful Summer Wedding in Bavaria". Vogue. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "CLEO VON ADELSHEIM". AERIN. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Miura, Sophie (1 August 2016). "This Is What It Looks Like When a Baroness Marries a Prince". MYDOMAINE. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "ACTRIZ ALEMANA SE CASA CON EL PRINCIPE DE OETTINGEN-SPIELBERG". Con Estilo TV. Archived from the original on 26 November 2018. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Al Shatti, Nouriah (31 July 2016). "This Royal Bride Chose a Sandra Mansour Wedding Dress (and Looked Incredible)". Vogue. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- Abrams, Margaret (26 January 2018). "See Baroness Cleopatra von Adelsheim von Ernest's Post-Wedding Life". Observer. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Traumhochzeit mit ihrem Erbprinzen". Bunte Magazin. 13 July 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2018.
- "Cleo von Adelsheim ist zum ersten Mal Mama". T Online. 4 October 2017. Retrieved 25 November 2018.