Clay Township, St. Joseph County, Indiana
Location in St. Joseph County
|• Type||Indiana township|
|• Total||19.84 sq mi (51.38 km2)|
|• Land||19.7 sq mi (51.01 km2)|
|• Water||0.14 sq mi (0.37 km2) 0.72%|
|Elevation||761 ft (232 m)|
|• Density||1,987.1/sq mi (767.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-5 (Eastern (EST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-4 (EDT)|
46530, 46545, 46556, 46617, 46635, 46637
|GNIS feature ID||453218|
According to the United States Census Bureau, Clay Township covers an area of 19.84 square miles (51.4 km2); of this, 19.7 square miles (51 km2) (99.28 percent) is land and 0.14 square miles (0.36 km2) (0.72 percent) is water.
Cities, towns, villagesEdit
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
- Milton Township, Cass County, Michigan (northeast)
- Harris Township (east)
- Penn Township (southeast)
- Portage Township (southwest)
- Bertrand Township, Berrien County, Michigan (west)
- German Township (west)
- Niles Township, Berrien County, Michigan (northwest)
The township contains Stuckey Cemetery.
- Juday Lake
- Tawny Lake
- South Bend Community School Corporation
- Indiana's 2nd congressional district
- State House District 5
- State House District 6
- State House District 8
- State Senate District 10
- State Senate District 11
- United States Census Bureau 2008 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States Board on Geographic Names (GNIS)
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. October 25, 2007. Retrieved 2017-05-09.
- "Clay Township". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "U.S. Census website". Retrieved 2009-07-07.
- "National Register of Historic Places Listings". Weekly List of Actions Taken on Properties: 12/30/13 through 1/03/14. National Park Service. 2014-01-10.