A-segment(Redirected from City car)
The popularity of the segment increased in the late 1950s, due to the introduction of the Fiat 500 and the BMC Mini. As of 2017, A-segment sales account for 8% market share in Europe.[not in citation given]
In Italy, A-segment cars represented 36.8 of car sales in the first half of 2018.
The top five selling A-segment cars in Europe are the Fiat 500, Fiat Panda, Volkswagen Up!, Hyundai i10 and Toyota Aygo.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to City cars.|
- Sfetcu, Nicolae. The Car Show. Retrieved 16 January 2019.
- "AUTOS ON MONDAY/Design; Little Cars in the Big Apple: Still Only a Good Idea". The New York Times. Retrieved 2 March 2010.
In Europe, the "city car" is a well-understood concept
- Ruppert, James. "Motoring: The City car to be seen in". The Independent. Retrieved 1 March 2010.
(City cars) are meant to be cheap, small, easy to park and yet practical, with good manners on the open road
- "REGULATION (EEC) No 4064/89 - MERGER PROCEDURE" (PDF). Office for Official Publications of the European Communities L-2985 Luxembourg.
- "Taking the 'Cheap' Out of the Small Car". www.nytimes.com. Retrieved 3 January 2019.
- "India: A-segment cars biggest market share loser, compact SUVs leading gainer". www.ihsmarkit.com. 14 June 2016. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Segment shift: Indian car buyers now prefer premium". www.carwale.com. 14 April 2017. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "Car market share by segment Italy 2018". www.statista.com. Retrieved 15 December 2018.
- "European sales 2017 Minicar segment". www.carsalesbase.com. 12 February 2018. Retrieved 3 January 2019.