Chipolbrok

Chipolbrok (中波 公司), Chinese-Polish Joint Stock Shipping Company in Shanghai (Chińsko-Polskie Towarzystwo Okrętowe S.A. w Szanghaju, 中波 轮船 股份 公司, Zhongbo Steamship Co. Ltd.) - established in 1951 in Tianjin and Gdynia as a "Chinese-Polish Enterprise of Shipbrokers" on the basis of an agreement between Poland and China in order to establishing a connection by sea between Chinese and Polish ports. The role of shareholders is fulfilled by the governments of Poland and China, represented by the ministers of transport of both countries. Chipolbrok is the oldest Chinese deep-sea shipowner and the first enterprise with foreign capital in the People's Republic of China. Its creation enabled the development of a transport network isolated from China, connecting it with the world trade and services market.[1]

Chipolbrok
中波 公司
Chinese-Polish Joint Stock Shipping Company in Shanghai
State-owned enterprise
IndustryTransportation
Founded1951
Foundergovernments of PRC and Poland
Headquarters
Area served
Worldwide
ServicesFreight forwarding
Websitewww.chipolbrok.com
old HQ of Chipolbrok on The Bund in Shanghai (1962-1998)
old Branch Office of Chipolbrok in Gdynia (1951-1991)

SubsidiariesEdit

  • Sinepol Shipping & Agency BV, Rotterdam (1992-)
  • Chipolbal Shipping Pte Ltd., Singapore (1993-)
  • Chipol International Shipping Agency, Shanghai (1994-)
  • Shanghai Chipol International Logistics Co. Ltd., Shanghai (1996-)
  • Chipol Real Estate (Shanghai) Co., Ltd., Shanghai (1998-)
  • POLBROK – Agency and International Forwarding Ltd., Gdynia (1999-)
  • Chipol Real Estate (Shanghai) Co. Ltd., Gdynia (1999-)
  • Chipolbrok-Investment Sp. z o.o., Gdynia (2001-)
  • Chipolbrok America Inc., Houston (2004-)
  • Chinese-Polish (Beijing) International Forwarding Co. Ltd., Peking (2009-)
  • CENTRUM Sopot Sp. z o.o., Sopot

HeadquartersEdit

The first headquarters was in Tiencin in the area of "Five Great Avenues" (五大 道, Wu dàdào, Five Great Avenues) at Ma Chang Dao 158 (馬 場 道) (1951-1953), then at Chongqing Rd. 23 (重庆 路) (1953-1962). After moving the headquarters to Shanghai, it was first located in a building reminiscent of the Renaissance style (designed by Palmer & Turner), the former headquarters of The Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China (麦 加利 银行 大楼) from 1922 at the prestigious so-called The Bund, official address - Chung Shan Rd 18 (中 山路), and in 1998 in the building Gong Shang Lian (floors 26-28), also called Heng Ji Plaza (恒积大厦), at Yan An Rd. E. 55 (延安 路).

ReferencesEdit

  1. ^ Jerzy Drzemczewski: Chipolbrok 1951-2011, Porta Mare Gdynia 2011