China International Marine Containers
China International Marine Containers (Group) Co., Ltd (CIMC; Chinese: 中集集团) is a Chinese company principally engaged in the manufacture and sale of transportation equipment, such as containers, road transport vehicles and airport ground-handling equipment.
|Industry||Shipping and Logistics|
|Founded||14 January 1980|
|Legal Representative and Chairman: Li Jianhong|
|Revenue||RMB 57.874 billion (2013)|
|RMB 2.18 billion (2013)|
Number of employees
|57,686 (as at 31 December 2013)|
|Parent||China Merchants Group, China COSCO Shipping|
China International Marine Containers was a constituent of SZSE 100 Index, but was removed in January 2017. As of 4 July 2017[update], it is one of the 200 components of SZSE 200 Index (the mid cap index of 101st to 300th companies).
CIMC was incorporated in Shenzhen as a joint venture on 14 January 1980 as China International Marine Containers Co., Ltd. (Chinese: 中國國際海運集裝箱股份有限公司). After being restructured as a joint stock limited company in December 1992, and publicly offered A shares and B shares which were listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange in 1994, CIMC adopted its current name in 1995. Vanguard National Trailer Corp., CIMC's US subsidiary, acquired Monon in 2003.
Its container department produces dry freight containers, refrigerated containers, special containers and other containers. CIMC also offers road transport vehicles, including logistics vehicles, tanker trailers and construction vehicles. In addition, the Company designs and manufactures passenger boarding bridges and cargo handling systems for airports. Based in Shenzhen, Guangdong Province, CIMC is also engaged in the real estate industry through its subsidiaries.
With over 40% market share in the international container business and 56% market share in the dry marine container market, CIMC has been the biggest container-manufacturing company in the world since 1996. It has 12 production bases lay out in South, East and North of China, with products ranging from dry van, reefer, tank and other special containers. The customers include leading shipping companies and container leasing companies.
On 8 April 1994, the A shares of CIMC were listed on the Shenzhen Stock Exchange.
On 19 December 2012, CIMC converted its B shares into H shares, and listed its H shares by way of introduction on the Main Board of the Stock Exchange of Hong Kong, being the first enterprise in China to do so.
- "International Marine Containers Hong Kong Ltd". Bloomberg.
- 关于调整深证成指、中小板指、创业板指、深证100、中小创新等指数样本股的公告 (PDF) (Press release) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 12 December 2016. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 February 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- 指数样本 [Constituents] (Microsoft Excel) (in Chinese). Shenzhen Securities Information. 4 July 2017. Archived from the original on 1 November 2017. Retrieved 1 November 2017.
- p.7, Annual Report 2013
- Monon completes sale to Vanguard National Trailer
- Tsui, Sandra (2008-12-11). "Top box firm halts output". Lloyd's List Daily Commercial News. Informa Australia. p. 16. Cite has empty unknown parameter:
- p.6, Annual Report 2013
- p.6, Annual Report 2013
- p.100, Annual Report 2013 of CIMC