Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, Palmerston North
The Cathedral of the Holy Spirit is the cathedral of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Palmerston North, New Zealand. It was opened in 1925 as St Patrick's Church and was rededicated to the Holy Spirit as the cathedral when the diocese was established in 1980. In 1988 the cathedral was renovated, added to and reordered. The building was designed by the notable architect Frederick de Jersey Clere. The building was designated a Category 1 historic place by the New Zealand Historic Places Trust in 1990.
|Cathedral of the Holy Spirit|
|Location||197 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North|
|Former name(s)||St Patrick's Church|
|Dedicated||22 March 1925|
|Past bishop(s)||Peter Cullinane|
|Heritage designation||Category 1 (List No. 195)|
|Architect(s)||Frederick de Jersey Clere|
|Architectural type||Reinforced concrete|
|Parish||Cathedral of the Holy Spirit Parish|
|Diocese||Palmerston North, New Zealand|
|Bishop(s)||Bishop Charles Drennan|
|Priest in charge||Peter Fahy|
|Assistant priest(s)||Kevin Neal|
- "Cathedral of the Holy Spirit, Palmerston North". Diocese of Palmerston North. 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "History". Cathedral of the Holy Spirit. Archived from the original on 2 April 2015. Retrieved 17 March 2015.
- "Cathedral of the holy Spirit (Catholic)" (PDF). Historic Manawatu. 28 June 1990. Retrieved 18 March 2015.