Case STX Steiger
Case IH Steiger 435 wheeled tractor
|Assembly||Fargo, North Dakota|
|Body and chassis|
|Capacity||8.7–12.9 litres (530–790 cu in)|
|Transmission||16 speed power shift|
|Propulsion||Wheels or Quadtrac|
|Wheelbase||139–154 in (3,530.6–3,911.6 mm)|
|Curb weight||39,600–58,000 lb (17,962–26,308 kg)|
This section needs additional citations for verification. (July 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This tractor line is powered by engines with 405 to 682 hp. They are available in wheeled, Quadtrac, and row-crop Rowtrac configurations, and are very closely related to the New Holland T9 range.
In 2007, the STX530 Quadtrac tractor was featured on the television series Top Gear, where presenter Richard Hammond chose the STX Steiger for some of the challenges, (eventually including ploughing.) It was lapped around the Top Gear Test Track by The Stig, finishing in a time of 4:49.1, which is the slowest lap ever round the track. In 2005 that model of tractor broke the 24-hour ploughing World Record, turning 792 acres (321 ha) of farmland in just 24 hours.
- Displacement: 8.7-12.9 L
- Peak horsepower: 405–682 hp
- Torque rise: 35–40%
- Fuel tank: 200 gal. (758 L)–300 gal. (1,138 L)
- Operating Weight (wheeled): 39,600 lb. (17,960 kg)–54,000 lb. (24,494 kg)
- Operating Weight (Quadtrac): 58,000 lb. (26,308 kg)
- Wheelbase: 139 in. (353 cm)–154 in. (391 cm)
- 16 speed power shift transmission
- 2 reverse gears
- Top Speed: 30 km/h (18.7 mph)@2,100rpm
- Top Reverse Speed: 14.7 km/h (9.1 mph)@2,100rpm
- Produced: Fargo, North Dakota
(currently produced as of June 2019)
- Steiger/Rowtrac 370
- Steiger/Rowtrac 420
- Steiger/Rowtrac/Quadtrac 470
- Steiger/Rowtrac/Quadtrac 500
- Steiger/Quadtrac 540
- Steiger/Quadtrac 580
- Steiger/Quadtrac 620
- "DRIVETRAIN". Archived from the original on 2009-09-25. Retrieved 2008-11-26.
- "Stackyard". Retrieved 2020-07-21.
- Top gear test track#Power Laps
- Excluding Ferdinand GT3 RS which is foot-pedeled by Richard Hammond in the show.
- http://www.caseih.com/news/newsevents.aspx?&navid=209&RL=ENAN&newsid=2331[permanent dead link]
- March 22, 2005 news release Archived September 27, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
Media related to Case IH STX Steiger at Wikimedia Commons