Casablanca American School is a coeducational, nursery through grade twelve private day school in Casablanca, Morocco. It is located in the suburban Californie neighborhood.

Casablanca American School
Route de la Mecque, Lotissement Ougoug, Quartier Californie

Californië, 20150, Casablanca

School typeIB School Private, Non-Profit
DirectorMr. John Randolph
PrincipalDaniel Mullen (upper school)
Jason Hayter (lower school)
Classes offeredIB Courses (HL & SL): English, Economics, Business, Physics, Biology, Chemistry, Art, Theater, History, Environmental Science, Mathematics, French (A and B), Arabic, Spanish and 'Pamoja' Psychology.
School color(s)Red, Black, White
AthleticsBasketball, Soccer, Badminton, Volleyball, Swimming and Track & Field. (for Middle School, Junior Varsity, and Varsity Levels)
MascotThe 'CAS' Cobra
NicknameThe Cobras
AccreditationNew England Association of Schools and Colleges



The school was founded in 1973[1] and(CAS) was the first school in North Africa to offer the International Baccalaureate (IB) Programme.[citation needed]

CAS is a member of the Mediterranean Association of Independent Schools (MAIS),[citation needed] the European Council of International Schools (ECIS),[citation needed] and is accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC).[2] CAS is supported by the Office of Overseas Schools of the U.S. Department of State.[3]


CAS has offered an IB curriculum since 1986.[4] Currently, students in grades 11 and 12 can take Higher Level and Standard level courses in Chemistry, Economics, English A (Language and Literature), History, Math Studies, Mathematics, Physics, Theatre, Visual Arts, Biology, Business and Management, French B, French AB, French A (Language and Literature), Arabic B, Spanish AB, Spanish B, Computer Science, and English A (Language and Literature). All students complete an Extended Essay and a Theory of Knowledge course, as per IB requirements.

All classes except language classes are conducted in English. Students typically graduate to attend American, British, or European universities. Historically, a number of students have been accepted to international universities.

Student lifeEdit

The student body is approximately 70% Moroccan, with the remaining 30% representing a number of different nations. Most students are bilingual and many are trilingual (fluent in English, French, and Arabic).

The students of the school have participated in annual Model United Nations (MUN) and Harvard Model Congress Europe (HMCE) conferences in several countries.[citation needed]

The school also offers athletics, such as basketball, soccer, badminton, volleyball, swimming, and activities at all grade levels. Middle and high school students compete in international tournaments.

In recent years, the school has developed its performing arts extracurricular offerings. It has hosted a student-run Shakespeare festival and several full-length musicals.


  1. ^
  2. ^ NEASC CAISA Directory Archived June 3, 2011, at the Wayback Machine
  3. ^ "American Schools in Morocco | Morocco - Embassy of the United States". Retrieved 2016-09-29.
  4. ^ "Casablanca American School". Retrieved 2016-09-29.

Coordinates: 33°32′13″N 7°37′45″W / 33.5369°N 7.6293°W / 33.5369; -7.6293