The Capiznons or Capizeños refer to the people who are native to or have roots in Roxas City and the province of Capiz, located in the region of Western Visayas in the central section of the Philippines. located in the region of Western Visayas in the central section of the Philippines. It is located at the northeastern portion of Panay Island.
|761,384 (2015) |
|Regions with significant populations|
(Capiz, Aklan, Iloilo, and Masbate)
|Visayan (mainly Capiznon, followed by Hiligaynon, and Igbok), Filipino, English and Spanish.|
|Related ethnic groups|
|Filipinos (Hiligaynons, Karay-a, Masbateños, other Visayans), Austronesian peoples|
Notable Capiznons (Capizeños)Edit
This list includes people with roots from Capiz.
- Edgar Sia, is the chairman of DoubleDragon Properties and the founder of Mang Inasal fast food restaurant chain
- Jocelyn Bolante, Politician who formerly served as an Undersecretary of the Department of Agriculture of the Philippines.
- Fredenil Castro, A member of the National Unity Party, he has been elected to five terms as a Member of the House of Representatives of the Philippines, representing the Second District of Capiz.
- Pedro Gil, was a physician, journalist, and legislator. He was elected representative for the south district of Manila on the Democratra party ticket. He became Minority Floor Leader in the House of Representatives of the Philippines.
- Manuel Roxas, the fifth President of the Philippines and the 1913 bar topnocher
- Gerardo Roxas, Philippine Senator and son of President Manuel Roxas
- Mar Roxas, former Senator of the Republic of the Philippines and former Secretary of DOTC, DTI and DILG
- Gerardo Roxas, Jr., grandson of President Manuel Roxas and former Congressman
- Roy Señeres, Filipino statesman and diplomat
- Antonio Trillanes, is a retired Navy officer currently Philippines senator.
- Cornelio Villareal, was a Filipino politician who served as Speaker of the House of Representatives of the Philippines from 1962 to 1967, and again from 1971 to 1972. Popularly known as Kune, his congressional career representing the Second District of Capiz spanned six decades.
- Daisy Avellana, actress and theater director
- Sharmaine Arnaiz, actress
- Gina Alajar, actress and director
- Ryan Eigenmann, actor and son of Gina Alajar
- Geoff Eigenmann, actor, brother of Ryan Eigenmann, son of Gina Alajar
- Charlie Davao, actor
- Ricky Davao, actor and director.
- Edu Manzano, actor, politician and endorser.
- Luis Manzano, actor, host and endorser.
- Jovita Fuentes, national artist for music.
- Paolo Bediones, Filipino commercial model, television host, journalist, newscaster and radio announcer
- Kara David, television host and journalist.
- Barbie Almalbis, rock artist, former frontman of Barbie's Cradle and Hungry Young Poets
- Emil Mijares, was a jazz vibist and pianist, and was a musical director on Filipino television, as well as a composer, arranger, bandleader and producer.
- Mikoy Morales, is an actor, Singer & Model. He joined the Protégé: The Battle For The Big Artista Break.
- Jovita Fuentes, Dubbed the First Lady of Philippine Music. The first female recipient of the National Artist Award.
- Linn Bermudez, is a singer-artist. She joined the Protege: The Battle For The Big Break and finished third place in the finals.
- Margarita Moran-Floirendo, Miss Universe 1973
- Geraldine Villarruz Asis, Bb. Pilipinas-Universe 1987, Miss Universe 1987 finalist
- Josepha Abiertas first female Filipino lawyer and bar topnotcher
- Eugene A. Tan, Human rights lawyer, author, and professor of law. He was murdered in 1994.
- "Capiznon - Ethnic Groups of the Philippines". ethnicgroupsphilippines.com.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2016-10-18. Retrieved 2016-10-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Sports, ABS-CBN. "MEET THE BELOS: Mac and Dr. Vicki finally meet!". ABS-CBN News.
- "Jovita Fuentes was born in the town of Capiz February 15, 1895". The Kahimyang Project.
- "Josefa Abiertas". www.oocities.org.
- Corp, ABS-CBN. "MEET THE BELOS: Mac and Dr. Vicki finally meet!". ABS-CBN SPORTS.