It was first erected by the Almohad Caliphate to protect the nearby Roman Bridge on the Guadalquivir. The tower, standing on the left bank of the river, originally consisted of an arched gate between two. A third tower was added to the existing ones, in the shape of two cylinder connecting them.
The tower was declared a national historical monument in 1931.
- "Roman Bridge, Gate of the Bridge, Calahorra Tower and Surrounding Areas - EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards". EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
- "European Commission - PRESS RELEASES - Press release - Winners of 2014 EU Prize for Cultural Heritage / Europa Nostra Awards announced". europa.eu. Retrieved 2017-09-13.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Calahorra Tower, Córdoba.|