CMT's Next Superstar
CMT's Next Superstar was a music competition series specializing in country music. It was launched by American Country Music Television specialty station CMT in partnership with producer Nigel Lythgoe and his son, Simon Lythgoe. Nigel Lythgoe already produced the series American Idol and So You Think You Can Dance. The show was hosted by Thea Andrews.
|CMT's Next Superstar|
|Presented by||Thea Andrews|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||10|
|Executive producer(s)||Simon Lythgoe|
|Running time||45 minutes|
The 10-episode series premiered in April 2011 on CMT, with each episode one hour-long episode. Contestants, mainly undiscovered singer-songwriters in the country genre competed while living together in Nashville, Tennessee. Celebrity guests would guide them each week. Each week, one finalist was eliminated and viewers had the final vote to determine who would win the title. An album of songs by participants was due mid-to-late summer 2011. Also best competitors took part in the CMT Summer Tour.
On June 10, 2011, Matt Mason was crowned the first winner of the show. There were no follow-up shows for further seasons.
- Ben Smith, 29, Gainesville, Texas- Eliminated- Episode 1
- Matt Dame, 37, Batesville, Arkansas - Eliminated- Episode 2
- Adrienne Beasley, 22, Wickliffe, Kentucky- Eliminated- Episode 3
- Bri Bagwell, 23, Las Cruces, New Mexico- Eliminated- Episode 4
- Andrea Pearson, 29, Kelowna, British Columbia- Eliminated- Episode 5
- Courtney Cole, 24, Mandeville, Louisiana- Eliminated- Episode 6
- Wynn Varble, 50, Hampshire, Tennessee - Eliminated- Episode 7
- Danielle Lauderdale, 23, Orange Park, Florida- Episode 8