This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (April 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The CHS Alliance is a network of non-governmental organizations working in humanitarian assistance. It was founded in June 2015 by the merger of HAP International and People In Aid. The goal of the CHS Alliance is to "improve the effectiveness and impact of assistance to people and communities vulnerable to risk and affected by disaster, conflict or poverty. As of February 2019, it consists of over 240 member organizations.
|Motto||Quality. Accountability. People Management|
|Legal status||Non-profit organisation|
One of its core mandates of the CHS Alliance is to apply and promote the Core Humanitarian Standard on Quality and Accountability (CHS), which was developed HAP International, People In Aid, and (later) Groupe URD. The CHS now forms part of the Sphere Handbook on minimum standards in humanitarian response.
- "Hap and People in Aid Merge to Become CHS Alliance". elrha. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- Tatham, Peter; Christopher, Martin (2018). Humanitarian Logistics: Meeting the Challenge of Preparing For and Responding To Disasters. Kogan Page Publishers. p. 29. ISBN 9780749481452.
- "Who we are". CHS Alliance. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- "Our members". CHS Alliance. Retrieved 27 February 2019.
- Natoli, Tomasso (2018). "Non-State Humanitarian Actors and Human Rights in Disaster Scenarios". In Giustiniani, Flavia Zorzi; Sommario, Emanuele; Casolari, Federico; Bartolini, Giulio (eds.). Routledge Handbook of Human Rights and Disasters. Routledge. p. 240. ISBN 9781351629997.
- Sphere Association. The Sphere Handbook: Humanitarian Charter and Minimum Standards in Humanitarian Response. Practical Action Publishing. p. 52.
- Reis, Chen; Bernath, Tania (2016). Becoming an International Humanitarian Aid Worker. Butterworth-Heinemann. p. 7. ISBN 9780128043851.
|This article about a philanthropic or charitable organization is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|