The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (March 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|First appearance||Titans Annual #1 (2000)|
|Created by||Geoff Johns|
|Alter ego||Ryuku Orsono|
|Team affiliations||Titans L.A.|
Black Lantern Corps
|Abilities||Highly trained swordsman. He also carries weapons imbued with the soul of the warriors who wielded it that guide him in battle.|
Fictional character biographyEdit
Ryuku Orsono is a Japanese teenager who becomes a bushidōka upon his mother's death, which fulfills a long family line of honorary heroes. He first encountered the Teen Titans in Titans Annual #1, when they come to Japan in order to free their team member Beast Boy from the possession of the demon Tengu. Bushido uses his mystical sword to sever the head of Beast Boy; the magical sword drives out Tengu without harming Logan.
In Titans Secret Files #2, Bushido joins the short lived Titans L.A. before its dissolution. During his tenure his teammates were Herald, Bumblebee, Hero Cruz. Terra II, Flamebird, Captain Marvel Jr. and Beast Boy.
Bushido joins an improvised Titans group in battling the rampaging Superboy-Prime. The battle ends up outside of Keystone City. After Pantha and Baby Wildebeest are killed, Bushido attacks Prime and is blasted in half by Prime's heat vision. This battle is also covered in more detail in the Titans own series.
During the events of Blackest Night, Bushido is reanimated as a member of the Black Lantern Corps along with the other heroes killed by Superboy-Prime and head for Earth Prime to torment him. Superboy-Prime destroys them by using the black ring cycling through the power set of emotions resulting in a burst of colored energy that destroys Black Lanterns.
Powers and abilitiesEdit
Bushido is skilled in the martial arts, especially in swordsmanship. His primary weapons are the naginata and the jitte, as well as the hachiwara and the shuriken. Each weapon is imbued with the soul of the warrior who wielded it, and these spirits guide Ryuko in battle.
In other mediaEdit
- Bushido appears in Season 5 episode of the animated television series Teen Titans voiced by Dee Bradley Baker. He is portrayed as a silent young samurai. In "Calling All Titans," Bushido meets Robin during a fight with ninjas and becomes an honorary Titan. His only power appears to be his superior sword-fighting skills. Shortly after joining the Titans, Bushido is ambushed by Katarou. Although extremely skilled, he is unable to defeat Katarou and is flash-frozen with many other Titans. When Más frees Menos, they are able to unfreeze all of the Titans. Bushido then joins the fight and cuts Atlas' left leg off as well as kicking Katarou square in the face.
- Bushido appears in comic book spinoff Teen Titans Go! in issue #34, where his origin is told.
- Teen Titans #32 (March 2006)
- Infinite Crisis #4 (March 2006)
- Adventure Comics (vol. 2) #'s 4-5
- Titans Annual #1.