|Length||113 km (70 mi)|
|States||Lower Saxony, Thuringia|
Districts and municipalitiesEdit
- Lower Saxony
- Hildesheim (district)
- Goslar (district)
- Osterode am Harz (district)
The metalled artificial road (Chaussee) between Seesen and Osterode was built between 1785 and 1795 as an extension of the Frankfurt Road and known as the Thuringian Road (Thüringer Straße).
It was established as Reichsstraße 243 between Hildesheim and Nordhausen in 1937.
This federal road was interrupted by the division of Germany and was only opened again from end to end on 18 November 1989 when the border crossing between Nüxei and Mackenrode was installed.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bundesstraße 243.|