Brian Regal is an American historian of science, skeptic and writer. He is assistant professor of the history of science at Kean University in New Jersey. He also has a failed podcast on soundcloud entitled: "Crackpots and Eggheads."
- Henry Fairfield Osborn, Race and the Search for the Origins of Man (London: Ashgate Press, 2002)
- Human Evolution: A Guide to the Debates (ABC-CLIO, 2004)
- Pseudoscience: A Critical Encyclopedia (ABC-CLIO/Greenwood, 2009)
- Icons of Evolution (Greenwood Press, 2008)
- Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads and Cryptozoology (Palgrave, 2011)
- The Secret History of the Jersey Devil: How Quakers, Hucksters, and Benjamin Franklin Created a Monster (Johns Hopkins University Press, 2018)
- Richard Owen and the Sea-Serpent. Endeavour 36:2 (June, 2012): 65-68.
- Entering Dubious Realms: Grover Krantz, Science and Sasquatch. Annals of Science (January, 2009): 66: 1.
- Amateur versus Professional: The Search for Bigfoot. Endeavour 32:2 (June, 2008): 53-57.
- "Brian Regal". The Guardian.
- "Episode Notes for History of the Jersey Devil". MonsterTalk.
- Normandin, Sebastian. (2012). Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads, and Cryptozoology by Brian Regal. The British Journal for the History of Science. Vol. 45, No. 4, Special Issue: British Nuclear Culture. pp. 699-700.
- Ritvo, Harriet. (2015). Brian Regal. Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads, and Cryptozoology. The American Historical Review 120 (2): 586-587.
- Searching for Sasquatch: Crackpots, Eggheads, and Cryptozoology. Palgrave Macmillan.
- "The Devil’s in the details". The Observer.
- "Brian Regal". Skeptical Inquirer.
- "New and Notable". Skeptical Inquirer. Committee for Skeptical Inquirer. 42 (4): 61. 2018.