Robert John "Bob" Andrzejczak (born May 1, 1986) is an American Democratic Party politician who has represented the 1st Legislative District in the New Jersey State Senate since January 15, 2019, when he was appointed to fill the vacancy of Jeff Van Drew. Andrzejczak previously served in the New Jersey General Assembly from March 21, 2013 to January 14, 2019, when he was appointed to fill the vacancy of Matthew W. Milam.
|Member of the New Jersey Senate from the 1st District|
|Assumed office |
January 15, 2019
|Preceded by||Jeff Van Drew|
|Member of the New Jersey General Assembly from the 1st District|
March 21, 2013 – January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Matthew Milam|
|Succeeded by||Matthew Milam|
|Chair of the Assembly Agriculture and Natural Resources Committee|
January 14, 2014 – January 14, 2019
|Preceded by||Nelson T. Albano |
|Succeeded by||Eric Houghtaling |
|Born||May 1, 1986|
|Years of service||2005–2010|
|Unit||25th Infantry Division|
|Awards|| Bronze Star|
Andrzejczak was raised in the North Cape May section of Lower Township, New Jersey and graduated from Lower Cape May Regional High School in 2004. He attended the Williamson Free School of Mechanical Trades in Media, Pennsylvania before joining the United States Army in 2005. Andrzejczak had served in the Iraq War as a sergeant in the Army's 25th Infantry Division until his discharge following an injury from a grenade explosion which led to the amputation of his left leg in 2009. As a result, he was awarded the Purple Heart and Bronze Star; his recovery was featured on a 2009 episode of The Oprah Winfrey Show. Following his return from military service, Andrzejczak joined the Cape May Veterans of Foreign Wars where he became active in veterans' issues.
New Jersey AssemblyEdit
After Matthew W. Milam resigned from his seat in the Assembly on February 28, 2013, Andrzejczak was appointed to the Assembly after being selected by Democratic committee members from Atlantic, Cape May and Cumberland counties. He was sworn in on March 21, 2013 and subsequently won election to a full term in 2013. Andrzejczak is a resident of Middle Township. He is married to his wife Trisha, with whom he has two children. He resigned from the Assembly on January 14, 2019.
- Agriculture and Natural Resources 
- Military and Veteran Affairs
- Intergovernmental Relations Commission
New Jersey SenateEdit
On November 5, 2018, 1st District State Senator Jeff Van Drew won a seat to the United States House of Representatives, creating a vacancy for his state senate seat. On January 6, 2019, Van Drew formally nominated Bob Andrzejczak for his replacement, which the Democratic Committees of the 1st Legislative District approved unanimously. On January 15, the state senate formally swore in Andrzejczak as state senator.
Andrzejczak has said he is opposed to the legalization of Marijuana in 2019. The Chairman of the Cumberland County GOP Mike Testa has announced he would challenge Andrzejczak in the 2019 special election. In the first quarter of 2019 Testa out raised Andrzejczak 6 to 1.
- Military and Veterans Affairs 
- Joint Committee on Public Schools
- Budget and Appropriations
New Jersey's 1st Legislative District encompasses parts of Atlantic County, New Jersey, Cumberland County, New Jersey, and all of Cape May County, New Jersey. The current representatives from the 1st district to the 218th New Jersey Legislature are:
New Jersey SenateEdit
|Democratic||Bob Andrzejczak (Incumbent)|
New Jersey AssemblyEdit
|Democratic||Bob Andrzejczak (Incumbent)||32,554||31.2||3.3|
|Democratic||R. Bruce Land (Incumbent)||30,938||29.7||3.3|
|Republican||James R. Sauro||20,445||19.6||3.0|
|Republican||Robert G. Campbell||20,250||19.4||3.8|
|Democratic||Bob Andrzejczak (Incumbent)||20,231||27.9||0.7|
|Democratic||R. Bruce Land||19,140||26.4||2.2|
|Republican||Sam Fiocchi (Incumbent)||16,818||23.2||1.8|
|Democratic||Bob Andrzejczak (Incumbent)||29,958||27.2||2.2|
|Democratic||Nelson Albano (Incumbent)||26,611||24.2||3.7|
- "New Jersey Legislature Committees and Membership 2014-2015 Legislative Session". njleg.state.nj. Archived from the original on 13 February 2014. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "New Jersey Legislature Committees and Membership 2018-2019 Legislative Session". njleg.state.nj. Archived from the original on 28 January 2019. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- Avedissian, Eric (May 20, 2015). "A soldier's story: Bob Andrzejczak lost a leg, not his resolve". Ocean City Sentinel. Retrieved August 28, 2015.
- Woods, Don E. "Robert Andrzejczak will take oath to replace Matt Milam in First District", South Jersey Times, March 19, 2013. Accessed April 10, 2013. "The First Legislative District Democrats will officially welcome a new member to their team this Thursday.Robert Andrzejczak is scheduled to be sworn as an assemblyman at the Statehouse in Trenton to fill the seat left vacant after the resignation of Assemblyman Matt Milam, D-1st Dist., on Feb. 28."
- Campbell, Al. "Milam Retires, Andrzejczak Gets Dem’s Nod for Assembly", Cape May County Herald, February 28, 2013. Accessed April 10, 2013. "A video clip was shown on monitors throughout the restaurant of the Army veterans with Oprah Winfrey as he went through physical therapy after losing his leg when an enemy grenade was hurled at the vehicle in which he was riding.... Andrzejczak received a host of medals for his service and heroism, including the Purple Heart and Bronze Star."
- Woods, Don E. "Milam resigns from Assembly seat in First Legislative District", South Jersey Times, February 28, 2013. Accessed March 15, 2013. "In a shakeup in the First Legislative District, Democrat Assemblyman Matt Milam announced tonight that he was resigning.... He will a replaced on the ticket by Bob Andrzejczak, 26, of Middle Township."
- "Assemblyman Bob Andrzejczak". njleg.state.nj. Archived from the original on 1 April 2016. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Jeff Van Drew wins New Jersey's 2nd Congressional District seat". The Washington Post. November 15, 2018. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- "It's a game of musical chairs in 1st Legislative district after Van Drew heads to Washington". NJ.com. January 7, 2019. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- "Andrzejczak to Fill 1st District Senate Vacancy Today". Insider NJ. January 15, 2019. Retrieved January 16, 2019.
- "Murphy six votes short on Senate weed vote". newjerseyglobe.com. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Testa outraises Andrzejczak 6-1". Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "Senator Bob Andrzejczak (D)". njleg.state.nj. Retrieved 21 March 2019.
- "NJ State Senate 01 - Special Election". Our Campaigns. Retrieved July 5, 2019.
- "Official List, Candidates for General Assembly For GENERAL ELECTION 11/07/2017 Election" (PDF). Secretary of State of New Jersey. November 29, 2017. Retrieved December 23, 2017.
- "Official List, Candidates for General Assembly for GENERAL ELECTION 11/03/2015 Election" (PDF). Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- "Official List, Candidates for General Assembly for GENERAL ELECTION 11/05/2013 Election" (PDF). Retrieved December 3, 2015.
- Assemblyman Andrzejczak's legislative web page, New Jersey Legislature
- New Jersey Legislature financial disclosure forms
|New Jersey Senate|
Jeff Van Drew
| Member of the New Jersey Senate from the 1st District
January 15, 2019–Present
|New Jersey General Assembly|
Matthew W. Milam
| Member of the New Jersey General Assembly for the 1st District
March 21, 2013 – January 15, 2019
With: Nelson Albano, Sam Fiocchi, R. Bruce Land
Matthew W. Milam