Village of Regen
|Elevation||567 m (1,860 ft)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
The name of the village is derived from a large sawmill, which was built on the banks of the Black Regen. On 1 May 1898 it was given its own halt on the railway line. The sawmill was linked to the main line by a loading siding and a turntable was used to distribute the wagons to the various industrial sidings.
Because the owner of the sawmill was a Jew, the village was renamed during the Nazi era on 4 October 1936 to Regentalsäge. On 14 May 1950 it was renamed to Bettmannsäge. After the firm was wound up in 1950 the loading siding was lifted in 1951.
- Statistisches Bundesamt, ed. (1983), Historisches Gemeindeverzeichnis für die Bundesrepublik Deutschland. Namens-, Grenz- und Schlüsselnummernänderungen bei Gemeinden, Kreisen und Regierungsbezirken vom 27. 5. 1970 bis 31. 12. 1982 (in German), Stuttgart und Mainz: W. Kohlhammer, p. 622, ISBN 3-17-003263-1