This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
McCarthy-Miller loved music from an early age. She worked as a DJ during her time in college at the University of Maryland. She majored in radio, television and film and planned to go into news. McCarthy-Miller took an internship at CNN but decided hard news was not for her. Her brother recommended she intern for MTV, which she did after graduating from Maryland.
McCarthy-Miller worked her way up through MTV, taking various jobs including line producer's assistant and assistant director. She began directing in 1988. During her nine years with MTV, she worked on MTV Unplugged with Nirvana, Neil Young, Elton John, Tony Bennett, and k.d. lang.Eventually she began directing for the network and landed on the show The Week in Rock and later The Jon Stewart Show.
She was the director of NBC's Saturday Night Live for eleven years. She left SNL in 2006 at the end of season 31, replaced as director by Don Roy King. She became a director for Viacom's MTV again in 2003 when she directed the MTV Video Music Awards.
She currently works through her own companies, Catalyst Entertainment and McBeth Productions as a director and producer.
- 30 Rock
- America: A Tribute to Heroes
- Brooklyn Nine-Nine
- The Colin Quinn Show
- Eagles: Hell Freezes Over
- Go On
- Great News
- Important Things with Demetri Martin
- In the Motherhood
- The Jon Stewart Show
- Shania Twain: Up! Live in Chicago
- 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011 Kids' Choice Awards
- Happy Endings
- House of Lies
- LA to Vegas
- Lip Sync Battle
- Mad Love
- Man Up!
- The Marriage Ref
- Marry Me
- Match Game (2016 version)
- The Maya Rudolph Show
- The Mindy Project
- Modern Family
- Mr. Sunshine
- MTV Unplugged
- 1996–1999, 2001–2003, 2005 MTV Video Music Awards
- Night of Too Many Stars: An Overbooked Event for Autism Education
- Nirvana: Live And Loud
- The Oprah Winfrey Show
- Parks and Recreation
- People Magazine Awards
- Samantha Who?
- Saturday Night Live
- The Sound of Music Live!
- Super Bowl 35 & 38 half-time shows
- The Kominsky Method
- Trophy Wife
- Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
- Up All Night
- Work It
- ‘’Young Sheldon’’
- "Beth McCarthy Miller Television Director, Producer". SheMadeIt.org. Archived from the original on May 18, 2015. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Wagmeister, Elizabeth (February 22, 2017). "'SNL' Vet Beth McCarthy-Miller to Direct Melissa McCarthy's Fox Pilot 'Amy's Brother' (EXCLUSIVE)". Variety. Retrieved August 24, 2018.
- Harrington, Amy. "Foundation Archive: Beth McCarthy-Miller". Television Academy. Retrieved 2016-10-17.
- Barrett, Pam. ""SNL" director Beth McCarthy Miller to speak at WFU". wfu.edu. Archived from the original on 2014-06-27. Retrieved January 12, 2015.
- Profile, artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com; accessed May 10, 2015.
- "Saturday Night Live". IMDB.
- "Beth McCarthy-Miller | Television Academy". Television Academy. Retrieved 2017-01-16.
- Beth McCarthy-Miller on IMDb
- Wake Forest University profile: Beth McCarthy
- Beth McCarthy-Miller at The Interviews: An Oral History of Television
| Saturday Night Live director
Don Roy King
|This article about a television director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|