Bergen County Technical High School, Paramus Campus
Bergen County Technical High School, Paramus Campus is a tuition-free public magnet high school serving students in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. The school is part of the Bergen County Technical Schools, which also includes Bergen County Academies in Hackensack and the Bergen County Technical High School, Teterboro Campus.
|Bergen County Technical High School - Paramus Campus|
|Type||Technical Public high school|
|School district||Bergen County Technical Schools|
|NCES School ID||3401470|
|Enrollment||306 (as of 2018–19)|
|Student to teacher ratio||6.5:1|
|Athletics conference||Big North Conference|
As of the 2018–19 school year, the school had an enrollment of 306 students and 46.9 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 6.5:1. There were 71 students (23.2% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 21 (6.9% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
The school offers various sports, where students play together with the other campuses of the Bergen County Technical Schools district under one team as the Bergen Tech Knights, in the Big North Conference operating under the auspices of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA). With a combined enrollment of 1,471 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2015-16 school year as North I, Group IV for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 1,090 to 2,568 students in that grade range. Sports offered include: cross country, football, soccer, tennis, volleyball, cheerleading, basketball, bowling, indoor track, fencing, baseball, golf, lacrosse, softball, and track & field. Students who wish to play a high school sport that is not offered can make accommodations with their town of residence, as appropriate.
Core members of the school's administration are:
- Jeremy Wertheim, Principal
- Melanie Alston-Balaputra, Vice Principal
- School data for Bergen County Technical High School - Paramus, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed April 1, 2020.
- Bergen County Technical High School, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed August 14, 2017.
- Sports at Bergen, Bergen County Technical Schools. Accessed January 4, 2017 "The Bergen County Technical High School District is a member of the Big North Conference Liberty Division. Our sports teams represent students from all four of our campuses, Hackensack, Teterboro, Paramus and Applied Technology."
- League & Conference Officers/Affiliated Schools 2019-2020, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed April 29, 2020.
- General Public School Classifications 2015-2016, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of December 15, 2015. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- Administration, Bergen County Technical School - Paramus Campus. Accessed February 4, 2020