Beca Group Limited (generally referred to as Beca) is one of the largest employee-owned professional services consultancy firms in the Asia-Pacific. The company has more than 3,400 staff working across 20 offices around the globe, with headquarters located in Auckland, New Zealand.
|Industry||Professional Services Consultancy|
Number of locations
|Greg Lowe (CEO)|
|Revenue||NZD $541.2 million (2018)|
Number of employees
Beca was founded in 1920 by Arthur Gray on his return to New Zealand after World War I, where he purchased an engineering practice that would later become Gray and Watts, then Gray Watts & Beca and eventually Beca Group Ltd.
The company's name reflects the contribution of George Beca, CBE, DFC, D.Eng (Hon) (1921 - 2001), who joined the partnership of Gray and Watts in the early 1950s and led the firm for many years.
Beca has had several name changes following amalgamations. Beca Steven existed from 1989 to 2001 after amalgamation of Beca Carter Hollings & Ferner with Steven Fitzmaurice & Partners. In 2001, CH2M Hill merged with Beca Steven to form CH2M Beca Ltd.
In 2020, Beca will celebrate its 100th birthday.
Beca currently has key hubs in three countries; New Zealand, Australia and Singapore.
The company's vision, purpose and core values are as follows:
Vision: Creative people striving together to transform the world
Purpose: To make everyday better
Core values: Partnership, tenacity, enjoyment and care
Beca operates across a variety of markets including industrial, power, buildings, government and defence, transport and infrastructure, and water. 
Across these markets Beca provides a range of services. These include management consulting, project and cost management, urban design, architecture, land information, valuations and software services. They also provide technology services and sustainable development services.
Beca has completed numerous projects in over 70 countries. Some of its most recent projects include:
- Aorangi House – Wellington, New Zealand
Completed in 2009, the revitalisation project for a once-abandoned building in Wellington, New Zealand, focused on creating a user-friendly and sustainable environment by employing green building principles. It is now considered as one of the most energy-efficient buildings in New Zealand, with a 5.5 star NABERSNZ rating. The services provided by Beca include building services, environmentally sustainable design and structural work. 
- DUO – Singapore
Beca provided green building services, civil and structural engineering and environmentally sustainable design consultancy to help make the DUO towers energy efficient. The contributing factors include the use of double glazed low-E glass, energy efficient LED lights and rainwater harvesting. 
- Waterview Connection – Auckland, New Zealand
This project is considered one of the most ambitious roading projects in New Zealand. It focused on enabling people to get around Auckland more smoothly and reduce travel time to and from the city. Beca’s services included environmental impact assessments, structural engineering, intelligent transport systems and transportation advisory, in partnership with alliance participants.
- Coles' Meat Processing Facility – Australia
Beca helped with the construction of Coles’ meat processing facility by providing change management and technical advice from the project’s inception to its completion in 2015. As the biggest meat processing facility in the Southern Hemisphere, Coles can now process and distribute meat for consumption more efficiently. 
- Cook Islands' Renewable Energy – Cook Islands
Beca’s involvement consisted of providing a sustainable source of power for six remote Cook Islands which previously did not have full-time power and what was available relied heavily on various factors, including regular diesel supplies.
Beca posted annual revenues for the financial year ending 31 March 2018 of NZD $541.2 million.
This figure reflects a NZD $28.1 increase in revenue compared to the previous financial year's results.
Beca has been recognised at the Financial Review Client Choice Awards numerous times.
Most recently, Beca was named the Best Provider to Power & Utilities sector at the 2019 Financial Review Client Choice Awards.
The below shows the company's performance at the Financial Review Client Choice Awards from 2015 to 2018:
- Best Consulting Engineering Firm (revenue > $200 million)
- Best Provider to the Government & Community sector, joint win
- Best Provider to the Power & Utilities sector
- Most Client-focused Practitioner – Hamish Denize
- Best Professional Services Firm (revenue > $200 million), joint win
- Best Consulting Engineering Firm (revenue > $200 million), joint win
- Market Leader: New Zealand
- Market Leader
- Best New Zealand firm
- Best Provider to the Power & Utilities sector
- Best Professional Services sector provider
- Best Property sector provider
Beca was named Randstad New Zealand's Most Attractive Employer in the Construction & Engineering sector for three years in a row, from 2016 to 2018.
The below shows some of Beca's other more recent award wins:
- Tonkin + Taylor ACENZ Awards 2018 – Merit Award: University of Auckland Science Centre
- World GBC Asia Pacific Leadership in Green Building Awards – Leadership in Sustainable Design & Performance Award, Commercial Category: Aorangi House
- Business Excellence Awards – 2018 People Excellence Award: Beca Singapore
- 2018 Council on Tall Buildings & Urban Habitat Awards – Contruction Excellence Award: Marina One
- RCP Commercial Office Property Award – Excellence & Best in Category Award: 22 Boulcott Street
- IPWEA NZ Excellence Awards 2018 – Best Public Works Project, More than $5M: Mangere BNR, Beca
- New Zealand Project Management Conference, PMI Project of the Year: Mangere BNR, Beca
The company lists the following subsidiaries operating under the Beca Group Limited name:
- Beca Group Holdings Ltd
- Beca Ltd (New Zealand)
- Beca Applied Technologies Ltd (New Zealand)
- Beca Valuations Ltd (New Zealand)
- Beca Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Beca Consultants Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Beca Asia Holdings Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Beca Carter Hollings & Ferner S.E Asia Pte Ltd (Singapore)
- Beca Engineering Consulting (Shanghai) Co Ltd (China)
- PT Bimatekno Karyatama Konsultan (Indonesia)
- Beca International Consultants Ltd
- Beca International Holdings Ltd
- Sir Ron Carter, former Chairman of Beca
- "About Beca". Beca. Archived from the original on 7 March 2010. Retrieved 2 April 2008.
- "The global transformation of Beca". stuff.co.nz. 22 July 2013. Retrieved 22 June 2016.
- "Obituary: George Beca". New Zealand Herald. 1 June 2001. Retrieved 12 April 2017.
- "Watermark house newsletter". Autumn 2001. Archived from the original on 27 August 2013.
- Beca. "About Us". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "What We Do". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "Leading the way for recycled commercial buildings". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "A beacon of green in vibrant Singapore". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "Connecting commuters and visitors to Auckland, and beyond". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "Project Ready - from farm to plate". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- Beca. "Reshaping the future through renewable energy". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "2019 Client Choice Awards Winners". Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "2018 Client Choice Awards Winners". Retrieved 27 March 2019.
- "Be nice, be honest: how KMPG, Nous, GTA and Beca win and keep clients". Financial Review. 2017-03-08. Retrieved 2017-09-07.
- "2015 Client Choice Awards Finalists and Winners". Retrieved 28 March 2019.
- "Most Attractive Employer award".
- "Company listing". beca.com. Archived from the original on 19 April 2016. Retrieved 22 June 2016.