Barrie Transit is a Canadian public transport agency serving the city of Barrie as well as the surrounding communities of Angus and Borden. Daily operation of Specialized Transit (formally known as BACTS) is provided under contract by MVT Canadian Bus.
|Founded||1972 (as Barrie City Transit)|
|Headquarters||70 Collier Street, Barrie, ON|
|Service area||Barrie |
Angus, Borden (route 90 only)
|Operator||MVT Canadian Bus|
Barrie Bus TerminalEdit
- Platform 1: 3A Georgian Dr., 8A RVH/Yonge - Southbound, 8B Crosstown/Essa - Southbound
- Platform 2: 6A Letitia, 6B College
- Platform 1: 1A Georgian Mall - Northbound, / 11 Lockhart
- Platform 2: 2A Dunlop - Northbound, 7A Bell Farm - Northbound
- Platform 3: 8A RVH/Yonge - Northbound, 3A Georgian Drive - Northbound
- Platform 4: 8B Crosstown/Essa - Northbound
- Bayview Drive / North Village Way: 3B Painswick - Southbound
- Platform 2: 7A/7B
- Platform 3: 8A SB
- Platform 4: 4B
- Platform 5: 1B
- Platform 9: 90A/90B
- Platform 10: 1A/4A/8B NB (Via stop on Essa Road)
- Platform 3: 3A/8A SB
- Platform 4: 4A
- Platform 5: 8B NB
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (January 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Nikki Frenney-Wiggins (6 July 2015). "MVT Canadian and City of Barrie Kick-Off New 20-Year Transit Project" (PDF). MVT Canadian Bus. Archived from the original (PDF) on March 8, 2016. Retrieved March 4, 2016.
Under the terms of this 20-year partnership, MVT will be responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the City's 44 fixed-route buses, 15 specialized transit vehicles and three shop trucks.
- "Specialized Transit". City of Barrie. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
Media related to Barrie Transit at Wikimedia Commons