This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BankUnited, Inc., with total consolidated assets of $32.2 billion at December 31, 2018, is a bank holding company with one wholly owned subsidiary, BankUnited, collectively, the Company. BankUnited, a national banking association headquartered in Miami Lakes, Florida, provides a full range of banking services to individual and corporate customers. The Bank also provides certain commercial lending and deposit products on a national platform. The Company offers a range of traditional banking products and services to both commercial and retail customers. 
|Traded as||NYSE: BKU|
Russell 1000 Component
|Predecessor||BankUnited Financial Corporation|
|Florida, Tri-state market of New York, New Jersey and Connecticut|
|Rajinder P. Singh
(Chairman, President & CEO)
Thomas M. Cornish (Chief Operating Officer)Leslie Lunak (Chief Financial Officer)
|Total assets||US$ 32.07 billion (December 31, 2018)|
BankUnited, Inc. was organized by a management team led by John A. Kanas and was initially capitalized with $945.0 million by a group of investors including W.L. Ross, Blackstone Group, The Carlyle Group and Centerbridge Partners. On May 21, 2009, BankUnited acquired substantially all of the assets and assumed all of the non-brokered deposits and substantially all other liabilities of BankUnited, FSB, from the FDIC in the FSB Acquisition. On February 2, 2011, the Company completed its IPO.
The bank offers a broad range of online services, treasury management tools for businesses and traditional depository and lending products.
- "BankUnited's Brand Rebirth: From Collapse to Credibility". January 10, 2020.
- "INSURED U.S.-CHARTERED COMMERCIAL BANKS THAT HAVE CONSOLIDATED ASSETS of $300 MILLION or MORE, RANKED by CONSOLIDATED ASSETS". December 31, 2018.
- SEC, BANKUNITED, INC. REPORTS 2018 RESULTS; https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1504008/000150400819000004/earningsdoc99120181231.htm
- "BankUnited Inc : Investor Relations - News Release". ir.bankunited.com. Retrieved 2017-08-03.
- "BankUnited Financial : Investor Relations - News Release". ir.bankunited.com. Retrieved 2017-08-03.[permanent dead link]
- "BankUnited Inc : Investor Relations - Corporate Profile". ir.bankunited.com. Retrieved 2017-08-03.