Bad Breisig (German: [baːt ˈbʁaɪziç] (listen)) is a town in the district of Ahrweiler, in Rhineland-Palatinate, Germany. It is situated on the Rhine, approx. 15 km south-east of Bad Neuenahr-Ahrweiler.
View of Bad Breisig
|Municipal assoc.||Bad Breisig|
|• Mayor||Udo Heuser|
|• Total||19.94 km2 (7.70 sq mi)|
|Elevation||70 m (230 ft)|
|• Density||480/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||02633; 02642|
Sons and daughters of the townEdit
People connected with Bad BreisigEdit
- Max Barthel (1893-1975), working poet, lived from 1948 to 1969 in Bad Breisig
- Klaus Badelt (born 1967), a German composer, which specializes in television and soundtrack.
- Kai Krause (born 1957), a German musician and software - pioneer, lives on Rheineck Castle.
- The religious scholar and sociologist Oliver Krüger (born 1973) grew up in Bad Breisig.
- "Bevölkerungsstand 2019, Kreise, Gemeinden, Verbandsgemeinden". Statistisches Landesamt Rheinland-Pfalz (in German). 2020.
|This Ahrweiler location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|