Town center with the Church of Saint Cyriacus
|• Mayor||Hans-Rudi Bührle|
|• Total||10.95 km2 (4.23 sq mi)|
|Elevation||427 m (1,401 ft)|
|• Density||470/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
Since the Middle Ages there has been a thermal spa there, at one time a hunting lodge of the Dukes of Württemberg. In the 19th Century, the spa was acquired by Pastor Johann Christoph Blumhardt who used it as a centre for his ministry of healing and evangelism. His son Christoph Friedrich Blumhardt took over the spa and ministry until his own his death in 1919. In 1921, the Blumhardt family passed the spa complex on to the Herrnhuter Brüder-Unität or Moravian Church. Following World War II, Bad Boll became the western European headquarters of that church body and continued as such until the re-unification of Germany in 1989. In 1945, the first Evangelical Academy was established in Bad Boll. The Diakonie of the Evangelical-Lutheran Church in Württemberg assumed control of the spa in 2005 although the Moravian Congregation still continues to worship in its chapel.
Number of inhabitants from 1837 till 2010.
|17. may 1939||1.529|
|13. september 1950||2.426|
|27. may 1970||3.692|
|31. december 1983||4.286|
|31. december 1990||4.803|
|31. december 2000||5.149|
|31. december 2005||5.270|
|31. december 2010||5.205|
Notable people from Bad BollEdit
- "Bevölkerung nach Nationalität und Geschlecht am 31. Dezember 2018". Statistisches Landesamt Baden-Württemberg (in German). July 2019.
|This Göppingen district location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|