This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BCD Travel is a provider of global corporate travel management. The company, headquartered in Utrecht, Netherlands, operates in 109 countries, with US$25.7 billion in total sales 2017 and a combined worldwide workforce of 13,500. BCD Travel is part of the BCD Group.
|Founder||John Fentener van Vlissingen|
|John Snyder (President & CEO)|
|Products||travel management, consulting, meetings and events|
|Revenue||US$27.1 billion (2018)|
Number of employees
BCD Travel was founded on January 3, 2006, when BCD Group announced its decision to purchase TQ3 Travel Solutions, the corporate arm of the TUI Group and a majority interest in The Travel Company, an independent British corporate travel company. These companies were merged with WorldTravel BTI, marking the end of the brand. BCD Travel, the new corporate identity for the consolidated companies, began trading under that name on March 31, 2006.
In January 2011 BCD Travel merged five of its consumer brands, CheapTickets (Beins Travel Group Ltd), Vliegwinkel, Flugladen, BudgetAir (Airtrade) and Vayama into a new group Travix International B.V.
|2||2015||World Travel Service|||
- "John Snyder - BCD Travel executive team". Bcdtravel.com. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Get to know BCD Travel". Bcdtravel.com. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "BCD Travel". BCD Group. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
-  Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine
- "News Briefs, Week of March 20, 2006". Travel Weekly. 2006-03-20. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Travix - BCD Group".
- "Travelocity Sells Travelocity Business Unit to BCD Travel". TravelPulse.com. Retrieved 2015-12-13.
- "Travelocity sells corporate business to BCD Travel". Travel Weekly.
- "World Travel Service acquired by BCD Travel". TechCrunch.
- "BCD Travel acquires the assets of GetGoing". China Travel News.