Dr. Bärbel Silvia Koribalski is a research scientist working on galaxy formation at CSIRO's Australia Telescope National Facility (ATNF), part of CSIRO's Astronomy & Space Science (CASS). She obtained her PhD at the University of Bonn in Germany and is noted for studies of nearby galaxies. In 2011 she received CSIRO's Newton Turner Award. She is also a project leader of the ASKAP HI All-Sky Survey, known as WALLABY.
|Alma mater||University of Bonn|
|Awards||Otto Hahn Medal (1993) |
Newton Turner Award (2011)
|Institutions||CSIRO Astronomy & Space Science, Australia Telescope National Facility|
Galaxy formation and evolution. Gas kinematics of galaxies using the HI 21-cm spectral line of neutral hydrogen. Radio observations with the Australia Telescope Compact Array (ATCA), also known as the Paul Wild Observatory in Narrabri, named after John Paul Wild, Chief of CSIRO's Division of Radiophysics and later Chairman of CSIRO (1978-1985). Study of galaxy groups, e.g. Dorado Group with V.A. Kilborn et al.
Current and planned major HI surveys of galaxies:
Physics Diploma (1990) and PhD (Otto Hahn Medal, 1993) - University of Bonn, Germany
- Newton Turner Award 2011
- CSIRO - OCE Science Leader, from 2012
- International Astronomical Union (IAU)
- Australian Society of Astronomy (ASA)
- Dr. Bärbel Koribalski's publications - source SAO/NASA Astrophysics Data System (ADS)
- "CSIRO Australia Telescope National Facility".
- "CSIRO Profile: Dr. Bärbel Koribalski". Archived from the original on 2013-12-02. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "WALLABY project page".
- "HIPASS Bright Galaxy Catalog (HIPASS BGC) publication". arXiv:astro-ph/0404436. Bibcode:2004AJ....128...16K. doi:10.1086/421744. Cite journal requires
- "University of Bonn homepage". Archived from the original on 2014-08-19. Cite uses deprecated parameter