This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
On July 8, 2013, EMC acquired Aveksa through its Security Division, RSA.
Aveksa, Inc., is a US-based software company that develops and markets an identity and access management platform. The Aveksa platform strengthens organizations’IT security through the automation of user access activities.
Identity and Access ManagementEdit
Identity and access management (IAM) solutions help organizations improve their information security and compliance. Aveksa’s products are built to manage the user access lifecycle, including initial access request, approval, fulfillment, review, certification and remediation.
Aveksa’s solution includes the following modules:
- Aveksa Compliance Manager: provides visibility of entitlements across applications, platforms, and data sources in the enterprise, and manages the overall process for compliance reviews.
- Aveksa Role Manager : allows role discovery based on existing relationships between users and entitlements, as well as the ability to define and manage new roles.
- Aveksa Access Request and Change Manager: provides a business-user access request portal so that end users can request access to new entitlements, while checking for policy violations.
- Aveksa Data Access Governance: extends access governance to unstructured data, including Sharepoint sites and Windows file shares.
- Aveksa Access Fulfillment Express (AFX) : executes access changes resulting from access governance business processes.
- Aveksa Business Insight for HP/ArcSight : enables Arcsight customers to go beyond log and data.
- Aveksa MyAccessLive: cloud identity and access management for applications, users and devices regardless of location
- Aveksa MyAccessMobile: a mobile IAM platform with support for iOS and Android platforms.
Aveksa was acquired by RSA: The Security Division of EMC in 2013.
- Alspach,Kyle . "Aveksa plans move to larger HQ in Waltham." Startups and Venture Capital. 22 Aug. 2012. Boston Business Journal. <http://www.bizjournals.com/boston/blog/startups/2012/08/aveksa-plans-move-to-larger-hq-waltham.html?page=all>.
- "Aveksa Continues Strong 2012 Momentum with Solid Q3 Performance." . 30 Oct, 2012. Firstmark Capital. <http://firstmarkcap.com/aveksa-continues-strong-2012-momentum-with-solid-q3-performance/>.
- McBride, Ryan. "Investors Back Growing Bay State Software Firms Aveksa and Apparent Networks in Pair of Series C Financings". xconomy. Retrieved 5 April 2013.