Artur Davtyan at the 2015 European Championships
|Born||8 August 1992|
|Height||1.62 m (5 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||55 kg (121 lb)|
|Discipline||Men's artistic gymnastics|
|Head coach(es)||Hakob Serobyan|
Artur Davtyan (Armenian: Արթուր Դավթյան, born August 8, 1992 in Yerevan, Armenia) is an Armenian gymnast. He is a member of the Armenian national team in gymnastics. Davtyan is a European Youth Champion, silver medalist in the World Cup and an Olympian.
In 2009, at the Youth Olympic Festival in Tampere, Finland, Davtyan, along with Vahan Vardanyan and Arthur Tovmasyan in the Armenian team, took 6th place in the team event among 23 teams. In the individual competition, Davtyan took the same place in 6th place in the all-around, 7th place in the vault, 6th place on the parallel bars and 9th place in the exercises on the rings. A year later, at the Junior European Championships in Birmingham, with a score of 15,462, Davtyan became champion in the vault. In addition, he came in 4th place in the exercises on the rings with a result of 13,975, ninth place on the uneven bars and seventh in the exercises on the pommel horse.
Arthur Davtyan debuted on adult competition in 2011, at the individual 2011 European Artistic Gymnastics Championships that were held in Berlin, where he participated in all disciplines. Championship for the Armenian sportsman emerged successful. Being the youngest member of the all-around, Davtyan took 20th place. In other disciplines, Davtyan could not overcome the qualifying threshold. Of all the exercises, his best result was 14th place in the vault.
In January 2012, Arthur Davtyan took part in an international qualifying tournament, held in London. In the vault, showing the best result of the disciplines in which he participated, Davtyan gaining 15.450 points and won second place. In the all-around, with 84.2 points, he finished 12th. According to the results of the tournament, the Armenian athlete received a ticket to the Olympic Games in 2012.
In March 2012, the third phase of the Artistic Gymnastics World Cup in Doha, Arthur Davtyan, with the result of 15,725, was second in the vault, with a score of 14,575, and the fourth in the exercises on the pommel horse. Davtyan was awarded the Aspire Academy Award for best young gymnasts of the Doha World Cup. He shared the award with Diana Bulimar.
In the same year, the Armenian athletes once again took part in the 2012 European Men's Artistic Gymnastics Championships, held in Montpellier, where in the all-around, he finished fifth. At the 2012 Summer Olympics in London, he was unsuccessful. Davtyan injured his leg and could not overcome the qualifying stage.
He won bronze in Vault final at the 2013 European Championships.
- https://database.fig-gymnastics.com/public/gymnasts/biography/9813/true?backUrl=[permanent dead link]
- Две медали на Олимпийском фестивале (in Russian). www.golos.am. Archived from the original on 27 February 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Լոնդոն-2012. Հայ օլիմպիականները. Արթուր Դավթյան (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Результаты юношеского чемпионата Европы. (in Russian). www.longinestiming.com. Archived from the original on 25 October 2014. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Արթուր Դավթյանը ուղեգիր նվաճեց (in Armenian). www.armsport.am. Archived from the original on 16 March 2012. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Цоу дважды победил на этапе Кубка мира по спортивной гимнастике (in Russian). www.championat.com. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Cei mai buni tineri gimnasti ai concursului" (in Romanian). dianabulimar.wordpress.com. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "30th EUROPEAN ARTISTIC GYMNASTICS TEAM CHAMPIONSHIPS". www.longinestiming.com. Archived from the original on 27 December 2013. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Արթուր Դավթյանը 5-րդն է բազմամարտում (in Armenian). sport.news.am. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- Ալբերտ Ազարյան. "Արթուր Դավթյանը վնասվածքի պատճառով չկարողացավ լիարժեք հանդես գալ" (in Armenian). ArmFootball.com. Retrieved 28 February 2013.
- "Men's Qualification". www.london2012.com. Retrieved 28 February 2013.