This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Arnold Snyder is a professional gambler and gambling author. He was elected by professional blackjack players as one of the seven original inductees into the Blackjack Hall of Fame which is hosted at Barona Casino for his record as a blackjack player and his innovations in professional gambling techniques. He was the first blackjack authority to publish the importance of deck penetration (depth of the deal) in card counting, in his 1980 book The Blackjack Formula. He was also the first blackjack researcher to publish (in Blackjack Forum, 1981–1983) that radical simplification of blackjack card counting systems did not hurt earnings.
Since 1981, Arnold Snyder has been the editor of Blackjack Forum, a quarterly trade journal for professional gamblers. In 2004 Snyder moved the publication of Blackjack Forum from print to online due to time constraints imposed by playing more frequently and the frustration with dealing with the business side of the publication industry. Blackjack Forum has published many articles about professional gambling, discussion of strategies and approaches for various games and interviews with many professional gamblers including Al Francesco, Keith Taft and Marty Taft, Tommy Hyland, Johnny Chang, Darryl Purpose.
His book Blackbelt in Blackjack is a guide to card counting and other professional gambling techniques in blackjack, with an emphasis on advice for winning in real-life casino play. In his book The Blackjack Shuffle Tracker's Cookbook, he published the first mathematical analysis of the value of different types of blackjack shuffle tracking, as well as the first analysis of how to most profitably track today's more complicated casino shuffles. The Big Book of Blackjack covers the history of blackjack, especially the history of the achievements of blackjack's most successful professional players.
In 2006, his book The Poker Tournament Formula provides mathematical analysis of the optimal strategy for multi-table poker tournaments with blind levels lasting less than an hour. The book also includes analysis of bankroll requirements for professional poker tournament players, as well as mathematical analysis of optimal poker tournament rebuy strategy.
Snyder has reviewed books by numerous gambling authors including the first edition of "Blackjack Attack" by Don Schlesinger and "The Blackjack Life" by Nathaniel Tilton and has exposed numerous phony gambling systems. Snyder's recommendations on gambling books and systems can be found at his websites.
Arnold Snyder is also known as an advocate for the rights of professional gamblers. His testimony in the Windsor, Ontario trial of blackjack team manager Tommy Hyland was instrumental in preserving the legal right to blackjack team play in Canadian and U.S. casinos. He has also testified as an expert witness in court cases involving the rights of blackjack hole-card players and dealer-tell players.
Arnold Snyder also compiled a book, Radical Blackjack that was due for publication in 2011 but was never released. Snyder decided not to publish the book due to some of the discussed techniques still being actively used by professional players and as such not wishing to endanger the integrity of the plays.
Books by Arnold SnyderEdit
- Blackbelt in Blackjack ISBN 1-58042-143-1
- Big Book of Blackjack ISBN 1-58042-155-5
- How to Beat the Internet Casinos and Poker Rooms
- The Poker Tournament Formula
- The Poker Tournament Formula 2
- The Blackjack Shuffle-Trackers Cookbook: How Players Win (And Why They Lose) With Shuffle Tracking
- The Blackjack Formula
- The Over/Under Report
- "Max Rubin - Blackjack Hall of Fame".
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Blackjack Hall of Fame".
- "ThePOGG Interviews - Arnold Snyder Blackjack Hall of Fame Inductee". Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- "ThePOGG Interviews - Nathaniel Tilton author of 'The Blackjack Life'". Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Review of E. Clifton Davis' NBJ and WCB Blackjack Systems".
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Winners' Testimonials: A Swami Pastrami Parable".
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Non-Random Shuffle Blackjack Systems: Shuffle Bored, Anyone?".
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Gambling Systems with Non-Disclosure Agreements".
- "Blackjack Forum Online - Psychic Gamblers".