Arizona State Route 98
SR 98 highlighted in red
|Maintained by ADOT|
|Length||66.89 mi (107.65 km)|
|Nat'tsis'aan Navajo Mountain Scenic Road|
|West end||US 89 in Page|
|East end||US 160 near Tonalea|
SR 98 begins at an intersection with US 89 just south of the Glen Canyon Dam along the Colorado River. It runs along the southern portion of the city of Page and turns southeast to the Navajo Nation. It enters the town of Kaibito in the reservation, but otherwise the stretch through the Native American reservation is mostly devoid of settlements. Following Indian Route 22, SR 98 intersects Indian Route 221 just north of its eastern terminus at US 160, the Navajo Trail.
The route was established in 1974, when portions of former Indian Route 22 were given to the Arizona Department of Transportation to establish as a state highway, as routed today. Portions of the route were realigned in Page when portions of the route were redefined as State Route 989. This portion in Page was later relinquished by ADOT to the city of Page. Four years later, the rest of the route was designated as a scenic road.
|Coconino||Page||0.00||0.00||US 89 – Flagstaff, Page|
|Navajo||||66.85||107.58||US 160 – Kayenta, Tuba City|
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Arizona Department of Transportation (2014). "Arizona Parkways, Historic and Scenic Roads" (PDF). Phoenix: Arizona Department of Transportation. Retrieved September 11, 2018.
- Roadway Inventory Management Section, Multimodal Planning Division (December 31, 2008). "2008 State Highway System Log" (PDF). Arizona Department of Transportation. Retrieved April 9, 2008.
- Google (April 28, 2012). "SR 98" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved April 28, 2012.
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "Right-of-Way Resolution 1974-067". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "Right-of-Way Resolution 1988-04-A-036". Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "Resolution 2001-12-A-082" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- Arizona Department of Transportation. "Right-of-Way Resolution 2005-01-C-007" (PDF). Retrieved 2010-06-26.
- ""US 89 South of Page collapses," ABC15.com". Archived from the original on 2013-02-23. Retrieved 2013-04-29.
Media related to Arizona State Route 98 at Wikimedia Commons