Archivio di Stato di Firenze
The Archivio di Stato di Firenze, is the repository for the public records and archives of the Italian city of Florence. The archive holds over 600 funds dating back to the 8th century which, laid out in a line, would stretch over 75 km (46 miles).  It was founded on February 20th 1852 by decree of the Grand Duke Leopoldo II of Tuscany. Until 1989, the archive was located in the Uffizi. On November 4th, 1966 the River Arno flooded, causing damage to over 60,000 pieces of archival material. The flood incited the decision to construct a modern building for the archives further from the River Arno. The new building, designed by Italo Gamberini and his team of architects, was begun in 1974.  It included a space for the restoration laboratory, which was founded shortly after the 1966 to recover damaged documents. Between 1987-1988 archival materials were transferred from the Uffizi to their current location, on the Viale della Giovine Italia, near the Piazza Beccaria in Florence. The new building Staff have included Gaetano Milanesi among others.
- "History". State Archives of Florence. Retrieved 6 May 2019.
- Ed. Manno Tolu, Rosalia, and Anna Bellinazzi. (2002). The Florence State Archive: thirteen centuries of historical records. Florence: Nardini Editore. pp. 193–194.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "History". Archivio di Stato di Firenze.
- Ed. Manno Tolu, Rosalia, and Anna Bellinazzi. (2002). The Florence State Archive : thirteen centuries of historical records /. Florence: Nardini Editore. p. 195.CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- "Oxford Art Online". Missing or empty
|url=(help) Retrieved 12 December 2016
|This article about an organisation based in Italy is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|