ArchDaily is a weblog covering architectural news, projects, products, events, interviews and competitions, opinion pieces, among others, catering to architects, designers and other interested parties.
Type of site
|Available in||English, Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese|
|Created by||David Basulto, David Assael|
ArchDaily is the most visited architecture website worldwide, with over 500,000 daily readers and about 160 million page views per month as of 2016. Founded in March 2008 by David Basulto and David Assael, ArchDaily includes three regional websites in Spanish (Plataforma Arquitectura, ArchDaily México, ArchDaily Colombia, and ArchDaily Perú), Portuguese (ArchDaily Brasil), and Chinese (ArchDaily China). It has a partnership with the Pritzker Architecture Prize and was one of five finalists for the Best Online Magazine prize on Mashable's 2009 Open Web Awards.
Staff and contributorsEdit
Building of the Year AwardsEdit
Annually, ArchDaily organizes the Building of the Year Awards. The winners of these awards are chosen by a vote of the 60,000 architects who are members of the site, and the results are widely covered in the media.
- "Mexican president under fire as mansion claims fuel protests". Financial Times. (subscription required)
- "China's President Wants To Ban Weird Buildings -- And That's A Huge Mistake". Gizmodo. Alissa Walker 22 October 2014
- "This Stunning Woodland Office In Madrid Is The Most Popular Building On ArchDaily". Business Insider. Hayley Hudson Mar 18 2014
- "This Living, Sustainable Mushroom Building Could Be The Future Of Green Architecture". The Huffington Post Priscilla Frank July 2, 2014
- "How Minecraft may make bitcoin the ‘official currency of virtual worlds’". VentureBeat.
- "Round-Up: Gaza video game, Ferguson's architecture, L.A. art hotbed". Los Angeles Times.
- "In Honor Of The 'Patron Saint Of Architecture,' Here's a Gaudi Guide To Barcelona". Huffington Post.
- Morales, Carlos. "ArchDaily: Los dos Chilenos que Conquistaron el Mundo". Forbes México. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- "Advertise with us". ArchDaily. ArchDaily. Retrieved 17 March 2016.
- Cashmore, Pete. "Open Web Awards 2009: The Winners". Mashable. Retrieved 9 May 2014.
- " Famed Vietnamese architect’s work named Archdaily's 'Building of the Year'". Tuoitrenews. 04/09/2014
- Basulto, David. "Winners of the 2014 Building of the Year Awards". ArchDaily. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- "The people have spoken: These are the 14 best new buildings of the year". The Journal, Ireland.