|Look up aperture in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
The aperture of an optical system is the opening that limits the amount of light that can pass through.
Aperture may also refer to:
In science and technology:
- In anatomy, a number of apertures in the human body:
- Apertura nasalis posterior
- Apertura pelvis inferior
- Apertura pelvis minoris
- Apertura pelvis superior
- Apertura thoracis inferior
- Apertura thoracis superior
- Lateral aperture (foramen of Luschka), an opening in each lateral extremity of the lateral recess of the fourth ventricle of the human brain
- Median aperture (foramen of Magendie), which drains cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) from the fourth ventricle into the cisterna magna
- Antenna aperture, a physical parameter of an antenna
- Aperture (mollusc), the main opening in the shell of a gastropod or scaphopod (mollusc)
- Aperture (botany), a weaker spot in the wall of a pollen grain
- Numerical aperture is a parameter used to describe optical systems
- Aperture (computer memory), a region of the physical address space that opens access to a particular device or memory unit
- Aperture (software), an image organization and editing program for photographers, sold by Apple Inc.
- Aperture (typography), an enclosed loop in a typographical symbol, such as the lower part of the letter 'a'
- Aperture Foundation, a photography nonprofit
- Aperture (magazine), a long-running art photography magazine
- Aperture Science, also known as Aperture Laboratories or just Aperture, is a fictional organization featured in the Portal video game series