"Amazing Journey" is a song by the English rock band the Who from the album Tommy. It was written by Pete Townshend on the piano. Writer Nigel Cawthorne called the song a stand-out on the album. Cawthorne also thought it was electrifying when performed live.
|Song by The Who|
|from the album Tommy|
|Released||May 23, 1969|
|Label||Polydor, Track, Decca, MCA|
The song involves Tommy, the main character from the album, going on a psychedelic "amazing journey" as his subconsciousness reveals itself to him as a tall stranger dressed in silvery robes. This makes him interpret all sensations as music.
- Charlesworth, Chris; Hanel, Ed (2004). The Who: The Complete Guide to Their Music. ISBN 9781844494286.
- Perna, Alan di (October 2012). Guitar Masters: Intimate Portraits. ISBN 9781480329706.
- Cawthorne, Nigel (2005). The Who and the Making of Tommy. ISBN 9781903318768.
- Cady, Brian. "'Tommy' liner notes". The Hypertext Who.
- Smith, Larry David (January 1999). Pete Townshend: The Minstrel's Dilemma. ISBN 9780275964726.
- The Golden Age of the Singer-Songwriter, 1970-1973. 2012. ISBN 9780313379062.
- Atkins 2000, pp. 121–122.