The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition
|Edited by||Dennis M. Bier|
American Society for Nutrition (United States)
|Am. J. Clin. Nutr.|
The journal was established in 1952 as the Journal of Clinical Nutrition, edited by S.O. Waife and published by the Nutrition Press. It was continued in series under the present title from 1954 and was published by the American Society for Clinical Nutrition (ASCN). It is now published by the American Society for Nutrition. As of June 2009[update], the journal's editor-in-chief is Dennis M. Bier (Baylor College of Medicine).
A poll conducted in 2009 by the Biomedical and Life Sciences Division of the Special Libraries Association identified the journal as among the "100 most influential journals ... over the last 100 years" in the fields of biology and medicine. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2016 impact factor of 6.926.
Conflicts of interestEdit
Marion Nestle has voiced concerns about conflict of interest by the AJCN board. Nestle states that of the twelve-member editorial board "the majority — 7 of the 12 — list major corporate affiliations. The list of food companies for which they consult or advise [...] includes Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, The Sugar Association, The National Restaurant Association, ConAgra, McDonald’s, Kellogg, Mars, and many others."
The journal publicly lists the conflicts of interest of its editorial board on its website.
- "About The American Society for Nutrition and The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition". Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Issue 1, front matter
- Catalog entry at the National Library of Medicine.
- "Top 100 Journals in Biology and Medicine". SLA Biomedical and Life Sciences Division. April 2009. Archived from the original on April 15, 2012. Retrieved June 18, 2009.
- "Offices, Editors, and Staff". Retrieved 2011-02-27.
- Nestle, Marion (23 June 2015). "Conflicts of interest in nutrition societies: American Society of Nutrition". Marion Nestle. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- Nestle, Marion (23 June 2015). "The food industry's undue influence on the American Society for Nutrition". Marion Nestle. Retrieved 4 October 2015.
- Simon, Michele (September 2015). "Nutrition Scientists on the Take from Big Food" (PDF). EatDrink Politics. Retrieved 28 September 2015.