Aleksei Shaposhnikov (politician)
Aleksei Valerievich Shaposhnikov (Russian: Алексей Валерьевич Шапошников; born 16 June 1973, Moscow SSSR) is a Russian politician and Chairman of the Moscow City Duma.
|Deputy of the Moscow City Duma|
|Assumed office |
September 14, 2014
|Chairman of the Moscow City Duma|
|Assumed office |
24 September 2014
Aleksei Valerievich Shaposhnikov
June 16, 1973 (age 47)
|Political party||United Russia|
On a post of the Chairman of the Moscow city DumaEdit
During the elections to the Moscow city Duma 6-th convocation, held in September 2014, ran from Moscow branch of the party "United Russia", and this time won the election in his single-mandate constituency № 12. On September 24 the first meeting of the Duma 6-th convocation deputies adopted a resolution "On election of the Chairman of the Moscow city Duma", and A. V. Shaposhnikov was elected to this position (according to the regulations, he will lead the work of the Council during the whole validity term of its powers). In his speech after his election as the new speaker promised that the Moscow city Duma will be encouraged to debate different political forces, and representatives of all factions will be heard.
On 26 December 2018 deputy Elena Shuvalova during the meeting of the Moscow City Duma noticed that the voting system is registering the votes of the deputies incorrectly. Deputy Shuvalova noted that there were 36 votes registered in the system while she could only count 26 deputies on the floor. In reply to her request to count the deputies chairman Shaposhnikov noted that there is a "special system which counts the deputies on the floor" and "he fully trusts it". In response that it's working incorrectly, he noted that the system fully supports the legislative work of the Duma. The official video recording provided by the City Duma did not show the actual deputies on the floor. 
- Aleksei Shaposhnikov - footballer
- "Shaposhnikov V. A., Deputy of MGD from the North-East" (in Russian). Archived from the original on 19 February 2017. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "The new Chairman of the Duma elected Alexey Shaposhnikov". Moscow City Duma (in Russian). Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- "The new speaker of Moscow city Council became Alexey Shaposhnikov" (PDF) (in Russian). Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 October 2014. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- Слава, Чувствительный (January 11, 2019). "На заседании Мосгордумы голосов оказалось больше, чем депутатов. Но спикер не увидел в этом проблемы — Новости на TJ". TJ.