Adidas Originals (often stylized as "adidas Originals") is a brand of a line of casual and sportswear created by German multinational corporation Adidas. It consists of a heritage line, specializing in athletic shoes, t-shirts, jackets, bags, sunglasses and other accessories.
|Product type||casual and sportswear, sneakers, accessories|
The clothing and the accessories are under such categories as Superstar and Adicolor, designed by Adidas itself. There was also a collection named "Originals Denim" by Diesel, a concept trialled in New York City and Berlin.
The famous Trefoil logo, formerly used on all Adidas products, has since 1997 been applied only to heritage products; the Performance logo, which had from 1991 been seen on the "Equipment" range of products, replaced the Trefoil in 1997 across the rest of the Adidas line. Adidas Originals covers sports fashion styles with references to the decades between the 1940s and the 1980s. The brand has a distinctively retro old school feel.
Adidas Originals WorldwideEdit
There are many Adidas Originals Concept Stores around the world (Europe, South America, North America, Asia and Oceania). Adidas had plans to roll out more stores in 2008. In addition in United Kingdom some Adidas stores are located inside of JD Sports stores.
In 2001, a large scale advertising campaign was launched. During the campaign Adidas released an advert of a house party with people and celebrities, such as Katy Perry, B.o.B, Jeremy Scott, among others.
The background music is Beggin', a re-edit by Pilooski of the Frankie Valli & The Four Seasons song. Separate to the house party campaign, Adidas also launched the All Day I Dream About Sneakers campaign in late 2008. The campaign was an Adidas Originals art project that included the creation of nine unique sneaker sculptures and a fictional story of an avant-garde Adidas designer.
In 2010, another Adidas Originals commercial was made. The song was 'Why Can't There Be Love' by Dee Edwards, remastered by Gilles Peterson.
"All Originals Represent" was introduced in 2012 featuring brand ambassadors Nicki Minaj, Jeremy Scott, Big Sean, 2NE1, and Derrick Rose. It focuses on the creative spirit specific to unique cities around the globe. In 2014, Adidas Originals announced designer collections with Pharrell and Rita Ora.
In 2018, Adidas Originals shared a new promotional film, known as Original Is Never Finished 2018 featuring A$AP Ferg, Playboi Carti, Nick Young, Kaytranada, Adrianne Ho, Dua Lipa, Lu Han, Miles Silvas, Florencia Galarza, and Marcelo.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 June 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved 7 June 2008
- http://www.fashiontrendsetter.com/content/fashion_events/2008/Adidas-Denim-by-Diesel-in-store-event-p1.html Retrieved 7 June 2008
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 17 July 2013. Retrieved 2014-01-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "adidas Originals Celebrates Chicago with Wicker Park Flagship Store Opening". adidas NEWS STREAM. 5 October 2017. Archived from the original on 19 September 2018. Retrieved 19 September 2018.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 September 2008. Retrieved 2008-06-07.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) Retrieved 7 June 2008
- http://www.press.adidas.com/en/DesktopDefault.aspx/tabid-4/79_read-8621/ Archived 1 May 2008 at the Wayback Machine
- "Adidas Originals - Extended House Party Film". adidas.com. Adidas. 25 February 2009. Archived from the original on 18 March 2009. Retrieved 20 March 2009.
- "Adidas Original - Campaign Art Project". adidas.
- "Jessica and Jay Park rock cool rainbow colors for Adidas campaign | allkpop.com". www.allkpop.com. Retrieved 29 April 2016.
- Montes, Patrick (25 January 2018). "adidas Originals Drops Star-Studded 'Original Is Never Finished 2018' Campaign Video". Hypebeast. Retrieved 30 January 2018.