Achduart (Gaelic: Achadh Dhubhaird) is a small hamlet in Coigach, in Wester Ross in northwestern Scotland, now within the Highland council area. It is situated about 4 km southeast of the village of Achiltibuie, at the end of a minor road. A footpath continues on to the hamlet of Culnacraig, then along the coast past Ben More Coigach to Strathcanaird. Achduart has accommodation facilities for tourists, who come for its proximity to the ocean as well as its seclusion and remoteness. There is a Scottish Youth Hostels Association hostel in Acheninver, a short distance to the north.
Achduart with Cairn Conmheall (541 m) behind
|OS grid reference|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||IV26 2|
The dominant geographical feature in the area is Cairn Conmheall, which rises to 541 metres.
- Iain Mac an Tàilleir (2003). "Placenames collected by Iain Mac an Tailleir". Scottish Parliament. Archived from the original on 25 December 2010. Retrieved 29 January 2011.
- Google Maps (Map). Google.
- Bing Maps (Map). Microsoft and Harris Corporation Earthstar Geographics LLC.
- "Culnacraig circular". Walk Highlands. Retrieved 23 April 2011.
- Papers by command, Volume 15. Great Britain. Parliament. House of Commons, HMSO. 1911. p. 78.
- Maclean, Calum I. (1990). The Highlands. Mainstream. p. 203. ISBN 1851583653.
- All Celtic Music
|This Highland location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|