Absecon Public School District
The Absecon Public School District is a comprehensive community public school district that serves students in pre-kindergarten through eighth grade from Absecon, in Atlantic County, New Jersey, United States.
|Absecon Public School District|
|800 Irelan Avenue|
Absecon, NJ 08201
|Superintendent||Dr. Daniel Dooley|
|Business administrator||Tina Maruca|
|Students and staff|
|Enrollment||861 (as of 2014-15)|
|District Factor Group||CD|
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "CD", the sixth-highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
For ninth through twelfth grades, public school students from Absecon attend the Pleasantville High School in Pleasantville as part of a sending/receiving relationship with the Pleasantville Public Schools. As of the 2015-16 school year, the high school had an enrollment of 752 students and 78.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.6:1. Students are also eligible to attend the Atlantic County Institute of Technology and Charter-Tech High School for the Performing Arts.
- Elementary school
- H. Ashton Marsh Elementary School (grades PK-4; 498 students)
- Joseph N. Giardina, Principal
- Middle school
- Emma C. Attales Middle School (5-8; 364)
- Christine Ruth, Principal
- Dr. Dan Dooley, Superintendent of Schools
- Tina Maruca, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
Board of educationEdit
- Dr. Thomas J Grites - President
- Eric Neal - Vice President
- Chris Cottrell
- Raquel Law
- Alex Corkhill
- John Rynkiewicz
- Linda Wallace
- District information for Absecon Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 9, 2014.
- High school options[permanent dead link], Emma C. Attles Middle School. Accessed December 8, 2016. "Absecon is a sending district to Pleasantville High School. There are other high school options for students."
- Prisament, Steve. "Taxes rising as more Absecon students opt for public high school" Archived 2016-03-07 at the Wayback Machine , The Current of Pleasantville & Absecon, March 10, 2011. Accessed July 12, 2017. "'The increase in high school tuition for 2011-'12 is the reason we qualified for a tuition adjustment and is the reason for our 6.1-cent tax increase,' Superintendent James Giaquinto said Monday, March 7. 'We have budgeted $363,000 for Charter Tech, $370,000 for Pleasantville High School and $375,000 for Atlantic County Institute of Technology.'"
- School data for Pleasantville High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed December 12, 2016.
- School Data for the Absecon Public School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Public School Directory 2017-18, Atlantic County, New Jersey. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- New Jersey School Directory for the Absecon Public School District, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 8, 2016.
- H. Ashton Marsh Elementary School, Absecon School District. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Emma C. Attales Middle School, Absecon School District. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- Board of Education, Absecon Public Schools. Accessed September 20, 2018.
- New Jersey School Directory for Atlantic County, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed December 29, 2016.