ATV Offroad Fury
|ATV Offroad Fury|
|Publisher(s)||Sony Computer Entertainment|
|Series||ATV Offroad Fury|
The player may choose between 12 different types of all-terrain vehicles and race on 20 different free-roaming tracks in a variety of types, including Training, MAXXIS Nationals, Stadium Supercross, Freestyle Competitions, Cross Country Enduro, and Pro-Career, as well as various multiplayer modes. Each of the different game types have different objectives the player must accomplish in order to succeed. The player can perform stunts in Freestyle and it will award them with points.
The game features three race "modes" that can be accessed through the track selection screen; Single Race, Lap Attack, and Practice. These cannot be selected during Pro-Career mode, and not all modes are available during certain events.
ATV Offroad Fury received "generally positive" reviews, according to review aggregator Metacritic. Jeff Lundgren of Next Generation said that "the game sports brilliant graphics, a (mostly) rock-solid framerate, intense tracks, a plethora of options, and excellent control."
By July 2006, the game had sold 1.7 million copies and earned $49 million in the United States. Next Generation ranked it as the 20th highest-selling game launched for the PlayStation 2, Xbox or GameCube between January 2000 and July 2006 in that country. Combined sales of ATV Offroad console games released in the 2000s reached 4.5 million units in the United States by July 2006.
- "ATV Offroad Fury for PlayStation 2 Reviews". Metacritic. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Thompson, Jon. "ATV Offroad Fury - Review". Allgame. Archived from the original on November 14, 2014. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- EGM staff (April 2001). "ATV Offroad Fury". Electronic Gaming Monthly. Archived from the original on April 18, 2001. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "ATV Off Road Fury [sic]". Game Informer (95). March 2001.
- Air Hendrix (February 7, 2001). "ATV Offroad Fury Review for PS2 on GamePro.com". GamePro. Archived from the original on February 7, 2005. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Davis, Ryan (February 6, 2001). "ATV Offroad Fury Review". GameSpot. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Gonzalez, Jessyel (February 24, 2001). "ATV Offroad Fury". PlanetPS2. Archived from the original on March 2, 2001. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- Smith, David (February 6, 2001). "ATV Offroad Fury". IGN. Retrieved March 17, 2015.
- "ATV Offroad Fury". Next Generation. Imagine Media (76): 77. April 2001. Retrieved March 28, 2020.
- "ATV Offroad Fury". Official U.S. PlayStation Magazine. March 2001.
- "Review: ATV Offroad Fury". PSM. Imagine Media. 2001.
- Campbell, Colin; Keiser, Joe (July 29, 2006). "The Top 100 Games of the 21st Century". Next Generation. Future US. Archived from the original on October 28, 2007.