This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
AT-X (アニメシアターX Anime Shiatā Ekkusu, lit. "Anime Theater X") is a Japanese anime television network owned by AT-X, Inc. (株式会社エー・ティー・エックス Kabushiki kaisha Ē-Tī-Ekkusu). AT-X, Inc. was founded on June 26, 2000 as a subsidiary of TV Tokyo Medianet, which, in turn, is a subsidiary of TV Tokyo. Its headquarters are in Minato, Tokyo. AT-X network has been broadcasting anime via satellite and cable since December 24, 1997.
|Type||Subscription Television Service|
|Slogan||Anime Specialty Channels Up a Notch|
|Keisuke Iwata, President of the Company|
|December 24, 1997;20 years ago|
Their slogan is Wan ranku ue no anime senmon chan'neru (ワンランク上のアニメ専門チャンネル lit. "Anime Specialty Channels Up a Notch").
AT-X is always the main channel for many Comic Gum Anime adaptions. Ikkitousen, Amaenaideyo!! and Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-chan! were shown on this channel first, before they were re-aired on Tokyo MX.
As a premium channel AT-X is also known for showing uncensored versions of several anime like Fight Ippatsu! Jūden-chan!!, Amaenaideyo!!, Girls Bravo, Elfen Lied, Mahoromatic and High School DxD which would normally get censored on TV-stations like TV-Tokyo because of the large amount of nudity and other factors.
- December 24, 1997 - AT-X begins broadcasting on DirecTV.
- November 30, 1998 - Bandai Chara Net TV (owned by Bandai, which AT-X aired through) closes due to SkyPort, its satellite provider (a subsidiary of Mitsubishi-owned Space Communications Corporation), shutting down. AT-X moves to the "SuperBird C" satellite.
- 1999 - Starts airing "Diamond Time", their first self-produced show.
- June 26, 2000 - AT-X Inc. is founded.
- September 30, 2000 - DirecTV ceases Japanese operations.
- October 1, 2000 - AT-X is picked up by Sky! PerfecTV.
- May, 2001 - Figure 17, the first AT-X funded anime, begins airing.
- 2002 - Sky! PerfecTV 2 begins broadcasting AT-X.
- January 26, 2004 - Launch of "AT-X Shop", their online store.
- July 12, 2005 - Mobile edition of the shop launches.
- April 1, 2009 - Subscription price raises to 1890 yen. 24-hour broadcast schedule starts.
- June, 2009 - TV Tokyo's Keisuke Iwata is appointed president of the company.
- October 1, 2009 - SKY HD! begins broadcasting AT-X HD.
- November 1, 2009 - Hikari TV begins broadcasting AT-X HD.
- January 27, 2010 - Sky! e2 switches from 4:3 to 16:9 aspect ratio while retaining Standard Definition.
- October 1, 2011 - J:COM begins broadcasting AT-X HD.
- October 1, 2012 - The AT-X broadcast configuration is dramatically reorganized.
- December, 2012 - AT-X joins the Association of Copyright for Computer Software (ACCS), in an effort to keep their videos off the Internet.
- February 28, 2013 - Ceased all SD broadcasts, for a full transition to HD broadcasting.
- April 18, 2013 - AT-X airs its first foreign cartoon/non-anime series in Japanese language; My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic
- November 29, 2013 - Closure of the "AT-X Shop" online store.
- December 24, 2017 - AT-X celebrates 20th anniversary with the new anime programming lineup for 2018.
- ACCS入会のお知らせ｜AT-X ワンランク上のアニメ専門チャンネル 2012年12月3日閲覧。
- 【重要なお知らせ】 スカパー！プレミアムサービスにおける「アニメシアターX（AT-X）」（ch.SD729）の放送終了及びハイビジョンチャンネルへの変更手続きについて Archived March 3, 2013, at the Wayback Machine 2012年8月15日閲覧。
- "インターネット通販サイト「AT-X Shop」の終了についてのお知らせ". AT-X ワンランク上のアニメ専門チャンネル. エー・ティー・エックス. 2013-07-10. Retrieved 2013-12-15.
- April 17, 2015 - Closure of the "AT-X Shop"
- "A list of every show ever aired by AT-X". 2014-09-20. Retrieved 2014-09-20.