Here, There & Everywhere (company)
This article needs additional citations for verification. (June 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Here, There & Everywhere (HT&E), formerly known as APN News & Media, is an Australian media company. Divisions include broadcast radio and Out-of-home advertising. The company previously had assets in New Zealand (now New Zealand Media and Entertainment), and previously owned Adshel, APN Outdoor and Gfinity eSports in Australia.
|Traded as||ASX: HT1|
|Predecessor||APN News & Media|
|Australia, Hong Kong|
|Subsidiaries||Australian Radio Network|
In 2015, HT&E's two largest shareholders are the Australian fund manager Allan Gray Australia and News Corp Australia. Irish company Independent News & Media and Denis O'Brien's Baycliffe held an approximately 30% stake in the company before selling it in March 2015.
Here, There & Everywhere had its origins in Provincial Newspapers Qld (PNQ), a listed company that published regional newspapers in Queensland and New South Wales. The Herald & Weekly Times, which owned a significant proportion of PNQ, was taken over by News Limited in 1987. To comply with an order of the Australian Trade Practices Commission, News Limited was required to sell its PNQ shares. The 48% stake in PNQ was acquired in 1988 by interests associated with the family of Tony O'Reilly, the principal shareholder of Independent Newspapers of Ireland.
The company was renamed Australian Provincial Newspapers Holdings and listed again on the Australian Securities Exchange in 1992 following a public share issue, and in 1998 the name was changed to APN News & Media.
In 2001, HT&E, then APN, acquired interests in multiple ventures including Soprano Design and Adshel Street Furniture. Later going on to acquire steaks in Conversant Media and Unbnd Group. These acquisitions have been listed every year in their financial reports.
In June 2016, the company completed the demerger of its New Zealand radio and publishing business, NZME. However, the company maintained a presence in New Zealand via its outdoor advertising business, Adshel NZ. Also in 2016, the company announced it would sell its regional newspaper division, Australian Regional Media, to News Corp Australia for $36.6 million. The deal was reviewed but not opposed by the Australian Competition & Consumer Commission. The sale of ARM, encompassing APN's remaining newspaper assets, was completed in December 2016.
APN News & Media Limited changed its name to HT&E Limited in May 2017, changing its ASX Listing Code to HT1.
- Pure Gold Network
- KIIS Network
- The Edge 96.ONE
- Nova 93.7 (50%)
- Canberra FM Radio (50%, with SCA)
- Chemist Warehouse Remix
- iHeartRadio Australia
- "APN News & Media anannounces rebrand to Here, There & Everywhere" (PDF). Here, There & Everywhere. 4 May 2017. Archived (PDF) from the original on 19 January 2018. Retrieved 19 January 2018.
- "HT&E Launches new division HT&E events, Announces joint venture with Gfinity plc and IKON Media & Entertainment to launch Australia's first city-based esports franchise league" (PDF). HT&E Market Announcement to ASX. 7 August 2017. Archived from the original (PDF) on 11 March 2018.
- Tarr, Sophie (22 March 2011). "Natural disasters hit APN News & Media". Pacific Area Newspaper Publishers’ Association. Archived from the original on 22 March 2012. Retrieved 7 November 2011.
- "HT&E 2017 Annual Report" (PDF). ASX. 15 February 2018. Archived (PDF) from the original on 21 March 2018.
- "Gfinity Esports Australia to cease operations in November". esportsinsider.com. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "Investor Relations - APN". investorcentre.apn.com.au. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- "UPDATED: News Corp buys APN stake in share sale". Archived from the original on 3 August 2015. Retrieved 8 September 2015.
- Kirkpatrick 1994, p. 111.
- "APN News & Media Limited". List of companies. Archived from the original on 17 August 2016. Retrieved 15 August 2016.
- NZME Demerger Implemented Archived 21 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 29 June 2016
- APN Retains Ownership of Adshel NZ Archived 21 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 28 November 2016
- "APN chairman lauds 'milestone' $36.6m News deal". NewsMediaWorks. NewsMediaWorks. Archived from the original on 10 November 2016. Retrieved 10 November 2016.
- ACCC will not oppose News Corporation's proposed acquisition of APN's Regional Media Division Archived 15 December 2017 at the Wayback Machine Australian Competition & Consumer Commission 8 December 2016
- APN Completes Sale of ARM Archived 20 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 28 December 2017
- Change of Company Name and ASX Listing Code Archived 20 March 2018 at the Wayback Machine APN Market Announcement to ASX, 5 May 2017
- Kelly, Vivienne (23 June 2018). "Ooh Media to purchase HT&E's Adshel for $570 million". Mumbrella. Archived from the original on 23 June 2018. Retrieved 23 June 2018.
- "Adshel NZ sale confirmed". M+AD! - NZ Media & Advertising News Daily. 3 October 2018. Retrieved 20 October 2018.
- "About Us". cody.com.hk. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- "Home - Emotive". emotive.com.au. Retrieved 25 May 2020.
- Kirkpatrick, Rod (1994). "Six dynasties that ended with a whimper: the end of the PNQ" (PDF). Australian Studies in Journalism (3): 109–129. Retrieved 14 August 2016.CS1 maint: ref=harv (link)