|Factorization||2 × 31|
|Divisors||1, 2, 31, 62|
- a composite number with the divisors 2 and 31, being the eighteenth discrete semiprime.
- a nontotient.
- palindromic and a repdigit in bases 5 (2225), 30 (2230) and 61 (1161)
- the sum of the number of faces, edges and vertices of icosahedron or dodecahedron.
- the number of faces of two of the Archimedean solids, the rhombicosidodecahedron and truncated icosidodecahedron.
- the only number whose cube in base 10 (238328) consists of 3 digits each occurring 2 times.
- the tenth member of the 7-aliquot tree (7, 8, 10, 14, 20, 22, 34, 38, 49, 62, 75, 118, 148, etc). It has an aliquot sum of 34; itself a discrete semiprime, and its aliquot sequence is: 62,34,20,22,14,10,8,7,1,0.
In other fieldsEdit
- 62 is the code for international direct dial calls to Indonesia.
- In the 1998 Home Run Race, Mark McGwire hit his 62nd home run on September 8, breaking the single-season record. Sammy Sosa hit his 62nd home run just days later on September 13.
- Under Social Security (United States), the earliest age at which a person may begin receiving retirement benefits (other than disability)